Chapter 10 - Trip Advisor by ONF

Side characters that appear for the first time/mentioned for the first time in this chapter plus their pronunciations.

Ki Juwon

   Kee Ju-on

Ae Miyoung

    Ae-ae Mee-young

Also reminder that << Before italicized stanza and >> after an italicized stanza denotes a flashback.  

4393 words

Posted 7/22/22

January 9th

To say I was a bundle of nerves would be the understatement of the century. I thought to myself after popping a piece of gum in my mouth, securing my safety belt, and then clenching the armrests of my seat so tightly with my hands that my knuckles almost instantly turned white from the vice-like grip I was holding them in. I probably shouldn't have proceeded to get ready for the flight so soon; they still had to let other passengers on board. The problem is I had already been going stir crazy waiting for the time to pass before boarding was called. Logically, I understood the reason for all the security procedures, but that didn't mean that I appreciated the fact that I had to be at the airport two hours before take off in case there was some kind of delay with another passenger passing through security.

I try to calm myself down by mentally running through my flight itinerary. My entire trip would last about sixteen and a half hours. The flight to Detroit would only take about two and half hours, which I couldn't help but be grateful for. It was a relief to have such a short flight for my first ever airplane flight. I'm even more thankful for it particularly due to how long I will be on the next plane. Hopefully I could get used to being on a plane in general during this flight. My layover in Detroit would be a bit annoying, because I would be stuck there, in the airport, for four hours before the longer flight. Then I would be stuck on a plane for fourteen hours, of course I planned on sleeping during that stint of the flight. Here's to hoping I can be comfortable enough to do so.

Perhaps I should have taken Raina up on her offer to fly with me. The only reason I declined was due to the extensive amount of funds she had already splurged on me. I really didn't want her to have to dish out another $1500 to fly over with me just so I could be comfortable. The only thing that would have prevented me from declining was if there had been a concert before this 'Meet and Greet' event. Then she would have at least been flying with the intention of seeing her favorite group perform.

Raina did try to offer me some advice for my first flight ever. I take a moment to relive what all she helpfully explained to me.

<<