Chapter 22 - Never Ever by Got7

A/N:  I can never decide if Hard Carry or Never Ever is my favorite Got7 song...

Published 10/14/22

2667 words

Juah and Minsook run off into the kitchen

Juah and Minsook run off into the kitchen. I'm visibly distracted by the others for a moment as Jaeyeon and Gamon move the coffee table against the wall. Then they form a new circle by sitting on the floor instead of the couch. I'm not sure why they decided to relocate, however I have to admit that it feels like we are on more equal footing having us all sit on the floor like this. I wouldn't say it was disconcerting to play Two Truths and a Lie in the positions we were previously in, just that this felt more fair.

My eyes drift back to the kitchen. I watch as Minsook grabs several emerald green glass bottles, one of those vibrant shades that I personally would have a hard time throwing out once the bottles were empty due to the beautiful color. I can almost imagine myself trying to convince them to let me keep one or two afterwards so I can repurpose it for something else. I had to throw away several of my cobalt blue bottles that I turned into flower vases in the past. I won't try to start collecting them now. Not until I have a more permanent place to live. I know I don't mean the apartment that is currently being worked on either. I mean somewhere I can live with my soulmates. Somewhere I will feel confident that I can call home. I won't dwell on it now, but I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit that it somewhat depressed me to know that it wouldn't happen for a while yet.

Juah grabs a tray and places six hefty sized shot glasses on it. I don't have to be able to read Hangul to know now that the pretty green bottle contains some kind of alcohol. That fact alone has my muscles growing a bit stiff and my stomach churning a bit. I'm suddenly slightly nervous for the next game Minsook has planned. I don't really drink. I don't like beer or wine much, at least not the ones I have tried, and other alcohol costs more than I could rationalize paying for.

The green bottle in question is handed off to Gamon once they get back to our circle, which makes me a bit surprised that it was Juah that went to the kitchen with Minsook to retrieve the bottle of alcohol and shot glasses. Gamon holds the bottle for me to inspect. "This is soju, Lily, and there is an etiquette that comes with drinking it. First of all the oldest will almost always be the one who pours the first shot. The only general exception to that rule is regarding seniority in a company business." Gamon explains as he hands me a shot glass. "No one pours their own shot, and when you pour you use two hands to both pour and receive the drink."

Juah is there beside me to show me how to hold it. "Watch how I pour it." Gamon continues. He shows me where to cup the neck of the bottle with one and the base with the other. Gamon continues to fill everyone else's shot glass, and I take in the ceremony of it all. When he has everyone else's glass filled he hands the bottle to Juah who fills Gamon's shot glass for him. "When you take the shot you still hold it with two hands and should turn your head to the side away from others; most especially away from the eldest or senior."