Chapter 26 - Power Up by Red Velvet

A/N

Hello everyone! So, I promised to be back by October, and here I am! I'm so sorry for the wait, and even more sorry that this is coming out so late in the day. (I didn't sleep two nights ago at all, and I overslept today. I literally am getting this put up as early as possible this morning, but I would have liked to get it up earlier.)

I know I don't really owe any explanations for the delay in my writing and the chapters (posting both stories I'm working on this morning). But I do want to explain just a little bit. The core at all of it was a mix of writer's block and sort of losing my direction plotwise. But there were also some health related things with myself and my family woven in there as well. Plus the owners of the rental I am living in decided they were going to renovate, which made for a non conducive creative environment as well.

The past three months were the worst because while on vacation, another reason that delayed my writing a bit, I broke my foot. The first day even. I had just gotten myself trained to wake up with my alarm clock again and broke my foot. So I have been living with the discomfort of not only that, but also having to live downstairs since I can't navigate the stairs well. Which means that I don't have my alarm clock either. I would move it down here, but in my hurry to shut it off to keep it from bothering anyone else in the house I know I would surely mess up my foot more.

I plan on going to the every other week updates again. However, I think I am going to take one week off to do that just to ensure I am sitting exactly where I want to in both stories.

The next chapters update days will probably be like this: Alluvion's October 20th. Legion the 27th.

Thanks to you all for having the patience of a saint! I'm really sorry for the delay!   

3531 words

Published October 6th, 2023

A couple of days later I learned that the numerous days of practice isn't even the hardest part of being a Kpop Idol

A couple of days later I learned that the numerous days of practice isn't even the hardest part of being a Kpop Idol. Paired with the fame and fandoms comes exceptionally early mornings. I thought waking up at five AM was early. It was nothing compared to the two o'clock alarm clocks going off in order to be onsite for the video shoot by four-thirty in the morning, at the latest, which meant if I wanted my full seven hours of sleep I would have to go to sleep by seven pm. That definitely wasn't going to happen simply because we usually made it back to 'the dorm' around that time.

That also meant I didn't get to stay with them at their apartment for very long last night. I still spent an hour or so with them having supper and relaxing a bit before the big day that would follow. Those few hours are disrupted far too soon by the ringtone of my cell phone. It's a shortened version of Alluvion's 'Your Lullabye' playing, which if I were conscious enough I would automatically know that Juah was the one calling me. My hand fumbles around the bedside time, scattering every little thing as I blindly reach for my phone. I probably hear the short clip play four times before my hand ever wraps around it. I don't even take a moment to glance at the screen; I just swipe the screen and answer it. "Hello?" I croak.