Chapter 23 - She's Dreaming by EXO

A/N:  I'm sure you are sick of hearing it, but I really am sorry this update took so long.  Between learning to rebalance my days, sleeping in late, an illness I can't seem to shake, and other creative ideas floating in my head I've been having issues keeping on track.  I've created a new discipline set for myself, that I am hoping I'll be able to follow.

The next update date will be the 10th of February, 4 days before my birthday, and I don't know if I will be ahead enough to do a double posting or not.  It will be a shorter chapter, and I hate that I can't promise the normal double posting when it is a double chapter.  Perhaps I might surprise myself.  Perhaps I will have one of those creative spurt moments where I can't seem to stop writing.

If you are not reading Legion of Dionysus as well then this paragraph can be disregarded.  My plan is to post a new chapter next Friday.  However, I am one chapter behind where I thought I was, and I need to reread previous chapters to get back in the groove of how the story was flowing.  I'm hoping to get that chapter written this weekend, even though I don't like to write over the weekends usually.

Posted 1/27/23

2698 words

It almost feels automatic to hand Lily a bottle of water and a couple of Tylenol. My hand finds a place at the center of her back as she seems to once again grow unsteady on her feet. The warmth of her body seeps through my hand, and I have to choose to focus on something else so I don't become otherwise distracted. She pops the pills in her mouth, and I watch her throat work as it coaxes the water down. I hope she won't end up with a hangover tomorrow. I can't help but worry, but I attempt to alleviate that worry with my next thought. The medicine and water will more than likely prevent that.

Gamon was immediately at her side after she took the medicine. He lifts her up in a princess carry once more, and I can't control the instantaneous envy as I watch her arms automatically reach up and wrap around his neck. Hell, I'm also a tad annoyed that I didn't even think of lifting her up in my arms myself. Perhaps that partially had to do with how soft my physique is compared to Gamon's solidly built and sculpted frame. I wouldn't be surprised if I subconsciously chose to wait to draw her close due to that fact alone. I turn toward the living room to watch as the others all do their part to get her comfortable in her makeshift bed and let my mind wander over the events of the night.

I find myself frowning when I consider how everything unfolded tonight. I can't help but feel a little guilty for my part in the games. It might have been Minsookie that suggested the soju, however I was right there alongside him practically salivating at the idea of drinking. It grew to be pretty obvious that before tonight she hadn't really drank very much. I can't be for certain, but she seemed to grow tipsy after the second or third shot.

Despite my regrets I automatically turn away toward the kitchen and pull out a bottle of beer from the fridge. Then I head back toward the living room as I take a long draw from the bottle. I don't bother containing the moan as the taste lingers on my tongue. Then I glance down at the bottle in my hand and frown. Hmm. Perhaps I shouldn't hide from my depressing thoughts inside of a liquor bottle. It's an addictive crutch behavior that I shouldn't make a habit of. I know I wouldn't be in this position had we not played those games tonight.