ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟘𝟟.𝟝 - ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

A/N's : 

So, here's a chapter dedicated to Ichika, and her development as the OC's sister. As you can probably figure out, there's still some time until Ichika is formally introduced into the plot. So until then, I've decided to write random chapters of their interaction in the White Room, and how they grew closer to each other.

All these interactions are canon, and are a part of the storyline.

Here goes nothing.

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

( Third Person POV )

"Hiiya~~"

A red-haired girl danced into the room, much to the annoyance of its black-haired occupant. Keisuke Takeyama positioned his bookmark on the right page, and shut his book close. He stared at the girl with an exasperated look.

Ichika Amasawa, Subject 5-20. A pretty girl with cute, red pigtails, and a sweet skirt to boot the look. Usually you weren't allowed to wear anything other than the prescribed attire, but the rules were a bit relaxed with the Fifth Generation.

"Why the hell did you come back?"

"Huh? Meanie~~" Ichika whined. "I can come here anytime I want, okay?!"

"It's only 12 o'clock, and you've already been here 5 times. There's gotta be a limit."

"I mean, today's Sunday, and you know that we Fifth Generation students don't have much to do on Sundays~~"

"Why don't you go and interact with the others in your batch? I was under the assumption that your Generation was allowed intermixing among students to promote better communication skills."

"That's good enough, but I wanted to spend my free time here," Ichika replied in a playful tone, and she plopped herself down on the sofa next to Keisuke. She peeked over his shoulder, glancing at the cover of the book he was reading a few seconds prior.

"The Thorn Birds..... wait, isn't that a romance novel?"

"It is."

"Woah, nii-san is reading romance....." Ichika surreptitiously glanced at the black-haired boy, who had an apathetic look plastered across his handsome face. "I didn't know you read romance, nii-san."

"It's a cult classic," Keisuke said without a trace of embarrassment in his tone. "It's one of the best-selling books of all time. It came along with the new package of books last week."

"Let me guess — it's about a man and woman who fall in love, and then there's some sort of misunderstanding between them, and they don't talk to each other forever, but then they iron out their differences and then they get married?"

"..... have you read this before?"

"Nope! But that's usually how romance novels go. Either it's a happy ending like what I just said, or someone's going to die," Ichika said darkly. "And when someone dies, it's usually because of some terminal illness that they didn't tell their significant other about."

"Huh....." Keisuke let out a disappointed sigh, his interest in the novel completely shattered. "It was just getting good, and you had to say something like that. I'm positive I won't enjoy this book anymore."

"Hey, I was just giving an opinion! Don't be mean to me, nii-san~~"

"Alright, alright. Give me some other romance books to read. I'm bored of the usual crime thrillers."

"Okie~~ so, the first book you should read is 'The Fault In Our Stars', by John Green. Spoiler — the guy dies."

"If you thought that spoiling was gonna deter me from reading it, you're wrong. Because I've already read that book," Keisuke said proudly.