Chapter 18

Angie POV

"ANGIE! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!" Andrew yelled entering my room waking me up from my peaceful slumber.

"What do you want?" I mumble pulling the sheets over my head to block out all the sunlight from the curtains he just opened.

"Ang, it's 3 in the afternoon. Did Tony not tell you our family is coming over today?" He asked me. "Oh, shit-" I began before getting cut off by a very rude brother.

"LANGUAGE" He screamed at me. 

"Looks who's talking" I mumbled under my breath before getting out of bed

"Is that attitude I hear little miss?" He asks playfully. "What is with everyone in this household thinking I'm little? Im almost 16!" I exclaim.

"Oh Principessa, no matter how old you are you'll always be little to us," He says with a smile. "Oh, so that means even when I'm married and move out or have a baby I'll still be little to you guys?" I ask with a smirk knowing this will piss him off. 

And I was right his face went from the tiny smiles he rarely gives to the full-blown rageful look he usually gives.

bus surprisingly he didn't say anything and just walked away.

I got out of bed and walked towards the closet. "What should I wear?" I asked myself.

"ANGIE COME DOWN HERE!" One of my brothers shouted. 

"COMING!" I shouted back

I walked downstairs trying my best not to trip. the one thing I hate about myself is my stupid clumsiness. I swear literally air can cause me to trip.

"Remember how we told you our whole family is coming today?" Tony asked. " Mhm, I was trying to get ready before you called me down here for no reason," I said.

"There's no point there not coming," Emilio said.

"What? Why??" I asked.

"They had some last-minute errands they had to finish so they'll probably be coming in another month" Leo exclaimed calmly typing on his computer.

"What errands take a whole month to do?" I complained.

Everyone tensed up. 

"That's none of your business missy now get your ass back to your room and brush your teeth I can smell your disgusting breath from here," Lucas said playfully.

"HEY! My breath does not stink" I whined.

I stuck my tongue out and glared at him before walking back upstairs. Well, there goes all my plans for today now I'm going to be bored.

I could study for that biology test tomorrow or waste time and scroll through TikTok. Scrolling through TikTok it is.

I walked back upstairs and brushed my teeth before jumping on my bed and started scrolling through tiktok.

"don't you have a bio test to be studying for," Emilio asks coming into my room?

"I do but I don't want to. Plus bio is super easy" I explained. "You can thank Mr. Anderson for that," He says opening my closet.

"What are you doing?" I ask him suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing just getting back My hoodie you stole from me," He says grabbing a pink hood that says 'Fuck life' on it.

"Oh come on! Can't you just buy another one?" I asked. 

"As much as I love you, sis, I love my hoodies more," He says with a smirk and takes literally half of my closet with him.

"Asshole" I mumble under my breath.

"I heard that," He says from literally 6 feet away. "You were supposed to" I shout back.

I decided there was no point in sitting here and doing nothing. 

I grabbed my AirPods and phone and went down to the garage. I grabbed my bike and rolled out of the driveway.

I was about 10 feet away from my house when I realized.

Oh shit......

I forgot to tell my brothers that I was leaving.

Oh well, Let's just hope they don't send a swat team to come looking for me. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I rode another few blocks until I saw Kyron park.

I dropped my bike next to the bench and sat down. I pulled out my phone and noticed just about a thousand messages and missed calls from my brothers.

"How many times are you gonna scare your brothers by coming out her" corner asked coming randomly into view.

"How many times am I gonna run into you here," I say rolling my eyes.

"A lot more times princess," He says. "Now for the love of god text your brother cause your phone isn't the only phone their blowing up," He says with a sigh.

I pull out my phone again and headed to the family group chat. 

"At the park with Conner :)" I sent before turning my phone off and putting it back into my back pocket.

"So what brings you here," He asks me.

"I was supposed to be meeting my family today but they had some sort of errand and now I can't meet them until next month. What sort of errand takes a whole month? Not to mention my whole family just froze up and when I asked them why" I explained annoyed.

"You know they would never hide something from you unless they have to" He explains pulling out a piece of gum and popping it in his mouth.

"Care to share?" I ask with a giant smile.

He rolls his eyes but pulls out another piece and drops it in my hand. "Thanks" I reply pulling of the wrapper.

"So why are you always here?" I ask him. "It's the only park my nephew likes for some reason," He says.

"You're here with your nephew? Where is he?" I ask. "Just left with Millie," He says. "Then what are you still doing here?" I ask him.

"Enjoying the peace and quiet. We rarely get that in my house"  He says tilting his head back as the wind blew making his hair fall over his face.

Damnit, Those stupid butterflies in my stomach

"Let's get you home?" He asks getting up. "Come on can we spend a little more time here?" I ask him.

"As much as I would love to princess, Your brothers are still spamming my phone. Maybe another time" He says grabbing my hand in his and pulling me off the bench.

"I guess," I said as we walked back home completely forgetting about my bike. The walk, though, was worth it. Something about being near this kid just made my heart burst.

I was in my own beautiful la la land until a sound broke me out of it.

 More specifically a gunshot.

"ANGIE WATCH OUT" Conner screamed........