The 'Dream' (Prologue)

Dustin held me back as I struggled to get to him. A tsunami of tears running down my face. "EDDIE" I yelled, watching as the love of my life and my best friend got every inch of his body attacked by those god damn bats. I managed to run up to him, but as soon as I saw him I knew it was too late.

"Eddie! Eddie hold on. We're gunna get you help- Come on!" I try to sit him up, but he shakes his head and he grunts in pain.

"No, ho- hold on. Just gimme a second." He slowly lays back down and strokes my hair. I start crying again as I hold his hand. "You know," we make eye contact, "I had the longest crush on you. From sixth grade till all my years in high school. I always thought you were the prettiest cheerleader and the smartest and most cool and chill girl ever." I chuckle, smiling sadly. He smiles back, coughing up blood. My smile drops.

"Hey hey hey. Stay with me ok? I can't lose you, not yet." I lift his head onto my lap and he looks up at me.

"I love you, Roxy. I always did. Promise me you'll keep living your life after this. Just like we had planned. Promise me you'll have little nuggets running around your house. Teach them dnd and all about Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Metallica - all of those good metal bands, nothing about that pop, hippie shit." I laugh looking down and let hundreds of tears fall out of my eyes. Eddie holds my hand while as I look back at him. "Promise, ok?"

"I promise. I love you Eddie Munson." He smiles one last time, before slowly letting out his last breath. My heart drops. "Eddie? Eddie?!" My heart shatters as I look at his lifeless body. "EDDIE. DUSTIN? DUSTIN HELP." I look around frantically for help. Hyperventilating, I look at his face one last time before screaming. I was enveloped into a hug as I let sobs fall out of my mouth. Both Dustin and I are knelt down, sobbing, bear hugging each other, when I hear someone shouting my name.

"ROXANNE."

I look around only to see black darkness around me. Then, I hear a clock chime. And again. And again. I turn to the direction from where the sound seems to be coming from. And as the clock chimes one last time, I hear my name once again. "ROXANNE."

I wake up gasping for air. My vision foggy and face wet from tears. I look around to see my younger brother, Dustin, scared yet relieved.

"Jesus fucking christ Roxy! I thought someone broke in or something! You were screaming like crazy. Are you ok?" He his voice dripping with concern. I look at the clock beside me which reads 1:04am.

"Yea, Sorry just another nightmare." I replied as I pull him into a hug. We sit like this for a few a while in my room, listening as the rain pours outside.

November 6th, 1983

A/N:
this literally came to me in a dream 2 weeks ago and to this day i'm still crying over it🧍‍♀️
i really hope you guys liked this chapter and if you have any ideas, tips, anything to make this story more enjoyable for you guys plss lemme know !!