ii. Shopping

I roll over on my side, looking at the clock next to my bed reading 5:26am. I groan as I try to shut my eyes and fall asleep. I've been awake all night just listening to the mixtape Dustin made me a few months back. He really had good taste in music, surprisingly.

It's usually like this; I stay up all night reading, listening to music, then taking 'naps' throughout the day. Most times I try drinking or smoking a pack or snorting something up my nose to take me off the edge and hopefully knock me out. Hardly ever worlds though. I get 3-4 hours of sleep most days- if I get really lucky I'll get 7 hours. I sigh, putting my headphones back on and click play. Just the Two of Us by Grover Washington Jr. starts playing and I close my eyes, praying I'll fall asleep soon.

*lil time skip*

I slowly open my eyes due to the sun coming in through my window. I groan once again, looking over to the clock on my drawers, 9:56am. I get up only to fall down, creating a loud thud throughout the dead quiet house. I slowly pick myself up and look at myself in the mirror.

(i kinda pictured her to have a messy room like this, filled with posters of rock/metal bands and horror movies

(i kinda pictured her to have a messy room like this, filled with posters of rock/metal bands and horror movies. there would also be polaroids of her hanging out with the kids and of her shifts with steve and robin. i feel like she would also have a box full of her favorite metal albums and a few spanish records too because she's just a cool chick like that. she'd have her desk next to her bed, with her dresser on the next wall where there's a window. the door is right across her bed on the left side, the right side having a small bookcase full of comics, a few dnd games, and ofc more albums.)

I pick at the sides of my belly and point out how tired my face looks. "Well nobody's perfect I guess." I bend down to get the shoebox under my bed. I open it and pull out a small bag containing some weed.

"Crap I really need to go see Rick soon." I pick up my pipe and lighter and just stare at everything in front of me. "No. I can't. At least not when everyone's home." I put everything back into the box and under my bed. I start to think about how Dustin would react if he found out I went back to my old ways. I shake those thoughts out of my head hearing a knock at my door. I quick stand up.

"Roxy? Sweetie? Can I come in?" Crap it's mom. I kick my box further under my bed.

"Uhm I'm getting changed! What's up?"

"Oh! Ok great! I was just letting you know I'm making waffles for breakfast and afterwards we can head down to the shops." I silently cheer; Waffles are my favorite.

"Ok cool I'll go wake up Dustin right now!" I hear her walking away and let out a deep breath I didn't know i was holding. I go over to my dresser and see what I can wear. I look at my Iron Maiden shirt. "I wanna wear this.. but with what?" I pull out some faded black shorts. I try everything on and look in the mirror. "Ew no." I open my drawer again and pull out some baggy dark blue jeans and a pair of cuffed black shorts.

I try on the jeans first and go looking into the mirror. "Gross my thighs look too big." I take them off, turning them inside out in the process. I put on the other pair of shorts and run to the mirror. "Oh hell no my ass looks flat," I groan, "First pair it is then."

I switch into my original pair of shorts and tuck in my shirt. I put on my dirty ass converse and brush my medium length black dyed hair. I go to look at , or rather study myself in the mirror one last time. I've always been a bit shorter than most kids and had a weird body type. I was always either made fun of for having thicker thighs or praised for my flat stomach. I wasn't curvy though, I had more of a boxier shape than an hourglass body. Instead of hating myself for this, I made the choice of loving who I was for it. (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL DO REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU LOOK. YOU ARE ALL GORGEOUS/HANDSOME INSIDE AND OUT 👹🫶)

I head downstairs as quietly as I can. I tiptoe past mom who's on the phone with Mrs. Sinclair. I head towards the kitchen and pick up a spoon and a pan, which makes a slight noise. I quickly run back upstairs before mom can see me. I make my way over to Dustin's room, quietly opening his door so it doesn't squeak. I see him sleeping like a little angel. Adorable. Oh well.

Dustin's pov:

I can see Suzie over the hill, tied up to a tree. The dragon isn't far away so I need to hurry. We run through the field, sword in my hand, trying to be quiet so I don't attract any more dragons' attention to us.

"Eddie we need to get over there. Now!" I look behind me to find Eddie talking to Gareth. "Gareth I told you to go with Mike and Jeff!"

"Yea but Eddie looked lost and I didnt wanna leave him alone so I paired up with him." He explains and I sigh.

"Look just go back with them and follow the plan ok? We need to defeat anything in our way from saving Suzie P- I mean Suzie." I pull Eddie away as Gareth stalks back to his group. "And you! Just follow my league alright?" He nods and we silently make our way back to the field. Just then I hear loud pounding and my eyes shoot wide open.

"WAKEY WAKEY DUSTERS. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY." I pull my pillow over my head and yell into it.

"FUCK ROXANNE. YOU HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT." I throw my pillow at her, making her drop whatever she had with her.

"You know I'm doing this till you move out. Remember-" She starts cracking up. Fuck she better not. "Remember that one time I did that and you farted."

"Jesus christ Roxy. THAT WAS ONE TIME. GET OVER IT." I roll my eyes as she's dying of laughter.

She takes a deep breath, "Whatever dude. Mom made pancakes so hurry before I finish them all for you." She walks out and put my hands on my head, groaning loudly before getting up.

*time skip*

Roxy's pov:

I get out of the driver's seat and stretch before putting on a black zip-up sweater that was in the backseat. I like that I get the freedom to drive now, but I can't stand to hear Dustin blabber about his friends and his dnd campaigns. It gets too much after 20 straight minutes of him talking.

"Alright let's go!" Mom basically sprints inside the store as me and Dustin follow behind. "Oh my goodness- Roxanne look at this red one! It's absolutely gorgeous!" I groan, regretting all my life's choices.

"Hey you wanted this. Trust me, I hate this as much as you do." Dustin comments as I sneer at him.

*time skip because i'm too lazy to write 🧍‍♀️*

After about 2 hours of trying on a bunch of horrendous dresses and getting stupid comments from Dustin, I pick a tight, satin, deep red dress. "If I have to wear a dress, I might as well wear something I like and feel hot in," I think to myself.

"Hey mom," she turns around, "Don't you have that one co-worker's wedding coming up? You should find yourself a nice dress!" I smirk at Dustin, who's currently trying to the rip my head open. But hey that's what he gets for saying my head looks like a bean that got squished and someone failing miserably trying to make it look like the way it was before.

"Oh that's true! And I did like that white flower dress. Alright, let's keep looking then!" She lets out a little chuckle as she looks through the racks again. I quickly pay for my dress and manage to run out the store before either of them can see me.

A/N:
alright so i managed to whip this up and im gunna be honest i'm lowkey proud of myself for it jejdssj
anyways i have a feeling you guys might like the next chapterrr

I ALSO MADE A PLAYLIST FOR ROXY

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/05wr9HsWAZCnHmXTUMSuWa?si=JPdnYUEdR5ikVgFhKsAu5w

it was supposed to be kinda like a mixtape but it ended up being 4 hours long so pls check it out anyways byee now 😻🙏