i. Friday Night

Ok so let's start from the top. My names Roxanne (Roxy) Henderson, or as most people know me, Dustin's weird older sister. I'm 17, got my birthday coming up on october 5th. It is currently 9:43 on September 13th 1985; 2 months since... everything happened. It's been hard. On all us, but mostly Max. I feel terrible for everything that's happened to her and don't get me wrong I hated Billy for being a cocky asshole, but I just can't stand to see Max the way she is. She acts like she's ok but I can see her slowly shutting everyone out. And with school starting it just feels like it's worse. I just wish i could help her..

Anyways, it's been 3 weeks since school started and I'm already wishing for high school to be over. Senior year really is the worst year ever. But hey! At least the kids are finding their passions. Dustin, Lucas, and Mike are in some Hell dnd club that they refuse to talk to me about. As if I wasn't just in Mike's basement 2 years helping them with their campaigns. I know Will would have loved this though. I can tell Lucas is separating from the party. I've seen him at basketball practice while im at cheer practice. Speaking of cheer, I swear I'm so close to quitting this shit. Chrissy's the only person making this thing bearable.. Chrissy Cunningham, Queen of Hawkins high. God she's just so stupidly perfect with her soft, gorgeous ginger hair and warm smile.. perfect life.

"God this shit's so stupid." I throw my journal, diary, whatever you wanna call it, onto the floor near my backpack and fall back onto my bed. I seriously don't understand why Ms. Kelley gave me this thing. I don't get why I have to see her. I can handle everything by myself. Suddenly I smell macaroni cooking. I start to head downstairs for dinner and stop right outside Dustin's door.

"Ok Suzie Poo.." God that name's fucken ridiculous. I lean closer to hear what he's saying. "Try tigers123." There's a moment of silence.

"That's still not it. Are you sure we should be doing this dusty-bun? Maybe this is a sign we shouldn't-"

"Suzie Poo I really need to pass this test," Dustin replies with a slight annoyed tone. "I promise I'll make it up to you later. Alright try tigres86." Oh my god. Is he really using Suzie to get answers on his spanish test?

"Alrighty I'm in." Dustin silently cheers at their success. I silently open his door and lean against it, crossing my arms.

"Great! Ok so now-"

"What are you doing Duster?" He whips his head back.

"Jesus Christ Roxy! How long have you been there?" He seems anxious. I mean he did just get caught doing something illegal so. "Listen Suzie Poo, I have to go I'll call you back as soon as I can." He quickly shuts off his cerebro.

"Long enough to know you're doing something really dumb that mom wouldn't like." I look down at my nails and pick at them while he silently panics.

"I'll do anything, just please don't tell mom," he pleads while giving me his best puppy dog eyes. Ugh little prick knows i can't resist puppy dog eyes.

"Ok fine," he sighs in relief. "But you have to help me with my english homework."

"What? No! I'm not letting you blackmail me Roxy!" I sigh and shake my head. I turn on my heels, sprinting downstairs.

"MOM. MOTHERRR." Dustin starts running after me shouting stop. "MOM GUESS WHAT." Dustin finally catches up to me, putting his hand over my mouth, which i lick.

"EW DUDE STOP- OK. Ok, I'll do your homework." He whispers, pushing my face while I smirk.

"Dusty? Roxy? Are you guys ok?" Mom asks worriedly. She walks into the living room stopping when she sees us. She's wearing an apron with a few yellow stains, which i'm guessing is macaroni cheese.

"Yeah. Sorry, I just couldn't wait to tell you that.. uhm," I look at Dustin desperately, hoping that he'd get the hint to help me out. Sadly the dumb ass just went to go sit down on the couch. "Uhm.. OH. I just wanted to tell you that homecoming's coming up in a few weeks so I was wondering if you wanted to go dress shopping with me tomorrow." Dustin looks up with a confused expression.

"I thought you said you were done with that school bullshit?" I look over at Dustin annoyed.

"Yeah well.. it's my last year so I gotta make memories right," I say, hoping they'd get convinced.

"Well that's great honey! We can all go tomorrow afternoon! I'm glad you're finally getting into that school spirit. You know I remember how fun school dances were when I was younger!" I strain a smile. Mom is so enthusiastic, I always wondered how I turned out to be the opposite. "Alright well, dinner's ready if you kids want some." She heads back into the kitchen.

"You're full of shit you know." Dustin speaks up as he walks toward the kitchen.

"Yeah yeah whatever Duster." I roll my eyes as I follow him.

A/N:
so i know this chapter's kinda boring and sucky but i promise it'll get better, again if you have any comments or opinions on how to make the story better lmk!
but for now eat, drink lots of water, AND GET SOME SLEEP BEAUTIFUL PEOPLES