vi. The Woods

We walk- well he leads me through the woods in silence. I look over on my left to study him. His hair kinda bounces as we walk and he has this small metal lunchbox in his hands. Adorable.

"Alright it's just over here. C'mon." He takes my hand again while we start running.

"Are we heading to the benches?"

"Yeah," He slows down, "How'd you know?"

"Maybe because I've been going to this school for 4 years? Didn't we have geometry class together at one point?"

"Oh you're right." We spot the benches and make our way over. He sits dramatically, "Not sure why that never hit me till now." I giggle at him and he flashes a smile. Ew, gross. I quickly fade my smile. He sets his little lunchbox down and rests his head on his right hand. "Sooo."

"What do you have in there?" I point to his box. "Do you always have it with you?" I start to pick at my black nail polish.

"Uhm, kind of?" He goes to open it before looking back up at me and smirking. "Ready to see what's in my box of magic?"

"Yeah." I sit up intently. Then the stupid question pops up at my head. "Uhm.. you're not going to kill me.. right?"

The box lid slams wide open, revealing some weed and white powders in different little baggies, on the sides there were crumpled up little white and yellow pieces of papers; notes I assume. Or they could be used to make blunts. "I mean as long as you don't overdose on something, I don't think anyone's dying today." My eyes lit up at how many drugs this guy had- I mean he's gotta be a dealer. I wonder if he knows Rick too. He sees I'm just looking at his box in silence and gets worried.

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought this or you out here-" He goes to close his lunchbox, but my hand stops him before he can.

"No. It's fine." I gave him a small smile while picking up a bag of weed and take one of his little papers on the side, rolling it all up and licking it close. "Light me up?"

"Y-Yeah. Sure." I quickly digs his hands in his back pockets, pulling out a lighter and lighting the blunt that's already on my lips. I look up at him, making eye contact as he does. As I inhale he starts talking, "I never thought I'd be out here, smoking with a cheerleader." He smiles and shakes his head and takes off his jackets.

"Yeah well I never thought I'd be out hanging out with Eddie Munson. I'd be dead if anyone caught me out here. Then again, I'm not devoting my life to cheer or this shitty school so if I end up getting kicked off the team, it wouldn't be the end of the world." I offer him my blunt, which he gladly accepts.

"Why are you even in that shit. You look miserable being around all those chicks." He takes a few hits before passing it back.

"Well I actually liked doing it when I was younger, but I guess I just.. slowly started losing interest so I just stopped after eighth grade. Mom ended up gaslighting me into getting in to do it again last year. Plus it got people to stop throwing shit at me and pushing me around." I inhale again before adding, "I'm kind of a social reject to most people incase you couldn't tell. Guess you got some competition Munson." I let out a small giggle.

"You know this isn't the first time we've uh.. hung out." I look furrow my eyebrows at him. "Yeah, you don't remember?"

"No," I start digging through all my past memories trying to find him in one. "Yeah, no. I'm sorry."

"That's ok." He stares at me before hitting his chest and falling back, making me gasp loudly. He gets up and starts walking to a tree behind him. "I wouldn't remember me either, Roxanne." I start laughing at him. Honestly. Uh, do I have stuff in my hair?" He starts messily shaking leaves out of his hair as I laugh harder. He crosses his arms arms walking closer to me while smiling. "You don't remember me?"