ix. Best Birthday pt lll

I get out of the restroom and quickly run to my room, the cold air creating goosebumps on my warm, wet skin. I change into a pair of sweats and a plain blue t-shirt. I lay on my bed, resting my eyes. My room filled with nothing but silence. As peaceful as this was, I got tired of it real fast. I decided to head downstairs to get another slice of that cake before Dustin finishes it.
! tw !
As I'm slicing away, I accidentally move my hand and cut myself. I slightly wince and watch as the blood drips down onto the table. I always had a thing for blood; not sure why. As a kid, whenever I would scrape my knees or go to get my blood taken at the doctors, I always watched in awe. Most people hate the pain from it, but not me; I find it sort of.. satisfying. I guess that's just a weird kink that I have or something.

I quickly snap back to reality and grab a rag, applying pressure to my hand. I go up to the restroom to bandage my palm before cleaning up the table and grabbing my cake. "Finally," I make my way to the living room and sit down on the couch. I dig my fork into the dark red velvet cake and take a bite. I close my eyes and let out a small moan, admiring the delicious, sweet treat. I turn on the tv and watch whatever was on as I munch away on my cake.

After going back for seconds, I turn around to go to the living room again, only to be scared by the sight of Robin and Steve in front of me. I scream and end up dropping my cake from shock. "MY CAKE! YOU MADE ME DROP MY FUCKING CAKE." I quickly bend down to pick it up angrily.

"Wow, nice to see you, too." Steve rolls his eyes, earning a slap on the shoulder from Robin.

"Be nice to her! It's her birthday." Throwing the floor cake away, I go over to hug Robin and Steve.

"You guys seriously need to stop sneaking in." I shake my head and smile.

"But we like scaring you!" She sits up on the counter and Steve looks at the cake.

"Red velvet? Again?" He gives me a looks of disgust.

"Hey! You know it's my favorite flavor. Plus, no one's telling you to eat it." I cross my arms and go to lean back against Robin. He gives me an annoyed look and lays down on the couch. "Jesus, what's up his ass today?"

"I don't know. He's been like that since yesterday afternoon." Robin shrugs, "Maybe he just got bailed on again." We laugh before joining Steve on the couch. He looks over at us then shifts his attention to my hand.

"What the hell happened? Are you ok?" He points at my palm as I look down at my slightly bloodstained bandage.

"Ooh. Yikes, that looks pretty serious. Did you clean it with alcohol? Cuz you know I heard if you don't clean up your cuts they get infected and then this gooey yellow puss comes out and-" I cut Robin off.

"Dude that's not even true. And yeah I cleaned it.". Robin's always rambling on with weird facts.

"Yeah yeah whatever. How did you get that? Did somebody do that? I swear to god if Munson laid his fucking hand on you." I scrunch my eyebrows up as I nervously chuckle at his sudden protectiveness.

"What? No. I just accidentally cut myself while cutting the cake." I shrug before continuing, "Wait, do you really think Eddie would do something like this?" He sighs before replying, "No, it's just.. Can you really trust him? Have you not heard what people say about him?"

"Ok well if you just got to know him-" I start to raise my voice before Robin cuts me off.

"Rox, he didn't mean that. Right, Steve." She looks at Steve, wide eyed. She hates when her friends fight, let alone when the room is being filled with tension.

He nods and stands up. "Yeah, sorry. I'm gunna go, uh, look for Dustin." He slowly disappears as he walks up the stairs. I stare at my carpet, trying to process what the fuck just happened.