vii. Best Birthday pt l

Dear Journal, It's October 4th, meaning my 18th birthday is tomorrow. I can't tell if I'm happy or not. Birthday's haven't been my thing since I was 12. After Dustin pushed my head into my cake and then proceeded to eat said cake with his hands, humiliating me in front of my crush, Dereck Harmon, I decided I'm not celebrating my birthday anymore. But this year's different somehow.

Enough about my stupid birthday, I've been secretly hanging out more with Eddie. He's actually a really dope guy. I feel like people only call him a freak because they're insecure of themselves for not being as confident as he is about himself- At least that's what I've convince myself to think. Dustin still doesn't have a clue about our friendship. In fact, me and Eddie made a deal to act as if we hate each other around school. His whole club thinks we got into some argument about him not being a good influence on Dustin, although I think most members are starting to catch onto us. I did manage to convince Robin that Eddie's not the bad guy people make him seem he is; Steve not so much.. 

I toss my journal on the floor and lay back down on my bed. I feel my eyes getting heavy so I check my clock. 5:37am. As I switch to my side I suddenly feel a random wave of energy throughout my body and groan. I get up to find a pack of camels. I need to sleep.

I look everywhere, only to find the pack on my dresser. "There you are, you little bastard." I take a cigarette out, lighting it up and inhaling as much as I can as I fall on my bed. I start coughing and dig my face into my pillow to muffle the coughs. I continue smoking for a good 30 minutes until I start to feel sleepy again. I put the cig out on my wall and knock out.

I can hear birds chirping on outside and I feel warmth all around me from the sun entering from my window. My eyes shoot open and I check the time. 1:03pm. "SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT. UGHHH." I throw my pillow on my face and I yell into. After taking a few seconds to collect myself, I go downstairs to see if mom's still home. Thankfully, she isn't.

I clear my voice before going to the phone and dialing the school's number. It rings for a second before someone picks up. "Hi, this is Sherry Henderson speaking. I know it's a little too late, but I just needed to let you know that Roxanne Henderson is sick today and won't make it to the rest of her classes. She'll be back on Monday, thank you and good day." I hang up and laugh at my high pitched monotone voice.

I open up the freezer, taking out a small container of pecan butter ice cream and a can of whipped cream from the fridge. I make my way upstairs to my room and stop at my mirror. "Consider this day off as a personal early birthday gift." I spray some cream into my mouth before opening up the ice cream and spraying whipped cream all over the top messily. I go over to my radio, putting in a mixtape from my box and turning the volume up as I Think we're Alone Now my Tiffany plays.

I get my ice cream and try to sit on the edge of my dresser, looking outside my window. I stay in this position until I finish my ice cream. Afterwards I lay down on my bed, seriously regretting my decisions, but try to sleep the stomachache away. Of course, I manage to only get about 2 hours of sleep before I start entertaining myself in whatever way I possibly could. Then I hear a knock at the door. I check the time once again. 4:16pm.

Sighing I yell, "COME IN ROBIN. I'M UPSTAIRS IN MY ROOM." I hear the door open and harsh footsteps coming up the stairs, then they stop.

"Roxy?" A familiar muffled voice filled the house. I open the door to reveal him facing the bathroom door, as if he's about to knock on it.

"Eddie? The fuck are you doing here?" He turns around confused. I lightly chuckle at the sight of him.

"Oh. Hey, Robin asked me to uh," He walks over to lean against my door, "Give this to you." He hands me a small stack of homework and puts his hands in his pockets. I thank him and walk over to my bed, signaling him to come sit down next to me. As he does so, he observes my small room, his eyes lighting up when he sees all of my posters. "Nice room. I like the, uh, vibe it gives off."