viii. Best Birthday pt ll

Making his way over to the microphone, I quickly take a seat by the stage. "Ladies as gents, we are," Gareth starts loading playing his drums as Eddie's hands rise up and he violently shakes his head. The small crowd goes wild and I soon realize that they're playing Bastard by Mötley Crüe. "CORRODED COFFIN." Eddie drags out his words and soon Jeff, James, and Eddie all start coming in playing their guitars. I silently observe how the band plays their instruments that makes everyone in the bar go insane as they dance. I feel as if I look like a kid opening a present on Christmas as I watch everything go on.

Soon, the song ends and right away they start to play Bloodfeast by Misfits. I'm watching them play, mouth gaped open from amusement, when I feel a hand brush against my shoulder.

"Hey, do you wanna go dance?" A girl with dark blonde hair asks me. She's wearing bright red lipstick which brings out her pale blue eyes, a simple off the shoulders black crop top, black leather pants, and a pair of dirty chucks. She looks to be in her early twenties.

"Yeah, sure!" I get up, taking my jacket off and place my sunglasses on the collar of my dress, kind of tying it through the little hoop the bow had made so they don't fall off. I take her hand and we make our way to the dance floor. A few seconds after that, someone decides to start a mosh pit. Soon everyone starts to get pushed around as we're dancing. Most people are smiling and laughing, while other hotheads try to start a fight, getting their asses kicked out. The last song they play happens to be Green Hell by Misfits, making people go crazier due to the song being so upbeat. I realize I had gotten pushed away from the girl so I shuffle my way back to her.

"Hey! Welcome back!" I giggle at her comment. "So is this you're first time coming here? You seem offaly young to be out at bars."

"Yeah, I'm kinda turning 18 tonight. I just came along with the lead singer."

"He's cute and has a great set of vocals; Is he your boyfriend." I look over at Eddie, who makes eye contact with me and winks.

"Nah, he's just one of my friends." The girls hums before opening her mouth again.

"Wait, you said you're turning 18?!" I shake my head as we continue to dance. "Dude! You gotta lemme buy you a drink!" I laugh before answering.

"Sure, but before that do you mind if we go to the restroom?"

"Yeah, of course." She takes my hand, leading me to the back of the bar, over to the restroom. As we get inside, I hear the song end and everyone cheers and claps. Just then I hear Eddie say, "Thank you to the manager who hired us tonight! You guys can catch us every Tuesday at The Hideout." He pauses for a second before continuing, "And apparently here every Thursday!" The crowd goes wild again. I come out of the stall and go to wash my hands while the chick cleans up her makeup.

"Hey, I never caught your name."

"Vanessa." She finished putting on her lipstick and turns to me, "And you?"

"Roxy." I go to get paper towels to fry my hands. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go. The bar closes at midnight today, and we still gotta get you that drink." She opens the door. "After you!" I laugh at her gesture and thank her. We make our way over to the bar and she starts to ask what kind of drinks I prefer.

"Uhm, I'm open to anything really. Whatever you think I'd like most." She nods and orders for me. "Hey I'm gunna go look for my friend. I'll be right back." I make my way over to the stage where the bands cleaning up. "YOU GUYS," I try to grab them by their shoulders, "That shit was awesome! You guys totally rocked tonight!" They all chuckle and Gareth makes his way over to me, putting his arm around me. "Well, we try."