iv. Monday Morning

"ROXY WAKE YOUR ASS UP." My red eyes shoot open, I find myself gasping for air. I see Robin standing against my door frame, trying not to laugh.

"God Robin. Shut the fuck up and let me SLEEP." I put a pillow over my head only to have it ripped off.

"No, c'mon. We don't wanna be late. Remember you got that back to school assembly or whatever." I groan as she slaps me with my pillow, causing both of us to laugh.

"You just want to go see Vickie again huh?" I get up and go to my dresser, looking for my cheer uniform.

"What?! Noo! I just don't want us missing our first assembly and then getting shit for it later on." I roll my eyes at her bullshit.

"Dude you obviously like her and she.. might like you. Just go for it. If she tells people about it just make it sound like she's delusional or on drugs or something." I find my uniform and put it on, falling in the process of trying to put on the skirt.

"Dumb ass. I can't do that. Ugh it's so hard being gay." I snort at her comment. "What's so funny Roxanne?"

"I don't know," I put my hair into a ponytail and sit next to her, "Hey, it's fine. At least we can be gay together." She laughs at our stupidity and hugs me.

About a year ago, me and Robin were having a sleepover at my house and we ended up playing several rounds of 2 Truths 1 Lie.

"Ok ok my turn," we try not to giggle, " I used to bite my toes as a baby," She bursts out laughing.

"WHAT?" I could see her eyes getting watery from laughing.

"SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH," I start laughing too, "Alright, I ate 2 bags of broccoli once and.." Should I tell her? I mean.. Yea it's only fair. She told me a few months ago. Alright here goes nothing. I take a deep breath and exhale. "I like boys and girls."

She stops laughing and everything goes silent. "Really?" I nod my head and she pulls me in for a tight hug. "THAT'S GREAT ROXY. UGHH THIS MAKES YOU AN EVEN BETTER BEST FRIEND." She giggles as I let a few tears fall onto her shoulder. She looks down at me, "Hey, hey. Are you ok?"

I let out a sigh and wipe my eyes while smiling. "Yea I'm fine. It just- I just feel like a got a huge load off my shoulders." I giggle and she hugs me again. Ever since then it's like we're more than best friends. We were like twin flames or something.

"Ugh get up losers. I gotta get to school." Dustin ruins the moment. Sometimes I wanna put tape over his mouth.

"Ok ok, just lemme put on my shoes. Do me a favor and go start the car, yeah?" I get up looking for my stained cheer shoes and my backpack. Dustin and Robin start to head downstairs. "Hey robin. Here." She turns around and I toss her the keys and she runs downstairs. "Hell, here I come."

Eddie's pov:

I get out of my van and slam the door. I start to make my way over to the woods for another sale. As I'm walking over there a car zooms past me, making me fall out of its' way.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING DICKHEAD." I pick myself up and dust off my pants.

"SORRY!" That's all I can hear over Battery by Metallica blasting on their radio. Well at least they got good music taste. I make my way over to the woods for a quick sale.

Roxy's pov:

All I can hear is Dustin blabbing about how he's gunna be late for his Hellfire meeting. I put in a random mixtape and Angeleyes by ABBA starts playing. I turn the volume up to drown out the muppet in my backseat.

I pick up the pace since there's 15 minutes before the bell rings. Robin and I start singing along, annoying Dustin even more.

"TURN IT DOWN." I nod my head, turning it up a bit more, making Dustin groan in annoyance.

"OHHH SOMETIMES WHEN IM LONELY I SIT AND THINK ABOUT HIM AND IT HURTS TO REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD TIMES-" Me and Robin are basically screaming our lungs off before a little chubby hand turns off the the radio.

"Ugh you're such a party pooper, Dusters" I slowly turn it up again and continue to go at a normal pace. "Hey Robs, what time is it?"

She looks at her right wrist, "7:49, why?" I start driving faster.

"Crap! I was supposed to meet Chrissy at 7:35. Oh well, She'll understand." Just then Battery by Metallica starts playing. "OH HELL YEA." I pick up the pace and I can see our school.

"Hey slow down, will you. You're gunna end up crashing this car one day." Robin starts to fix up her hair and makeup.

Laughing, I say, "Dude this beauty has been through some serious shit. I think she can handle me going 65 mph."

*btw she's driving a dark blue saab 900 because i used to be obsessed with that car as a kid 🤭)

I quickly pull into the school parking lot, almost hitting a kid on the way in. Oh shit.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING DICKHEAD." I can hear a deep voice say through my music

"SORRY!" I see a parking space and immediately take it before someone else does. I turn off the radio and we all get out.

"Dude you almost hit Eddie!" Dustin scolds me.

"Well he's not hurt or dead right?"

"No but-"

"Then we're all good. Just tell him I'm sorry when you see him later." He rolls his eyes and heads inside.

I look at Robin's watch, reading 7:53am. "And right on time! Alright I'll see you in Hick's class later. Good luck with the band!" I give her a quick hug before meeting up with the rest of the cheerleaders in the gym.

I catch a glimpse of Max and quickly try to catch up to her. I can see she has her headphones on so I sneak up behind her and put my hands on her shoulders. "BOO!"

She quickly turns around and slaps me. "Holy shit! Roxy! Dude what the hell, you gave me a heart attack." She pulls me in for a quick hug while I rub the side of my cheek.

"Yeah, my bad." I groan in slight pain.

"What are you doing here?" Don't you have that assembly or whatever it is?"

"Yeah I just had to say hi to my favorite freshman though." I flash her a quick smile and look down at her walkman. "Whatcha listening to?"

"Oh just some Kate bush."

"Ugh Kate Bush is mommy. I always knew you had good music taste." She lets out a short laugh before the bell rang. "Crap I gotta go. I'll catch you at lunch?" She nods and we head our separate ways

As I'm rushing to the gym I bump into a tall figure and we both fall over. "Shit sorry." I look over to see I bumped into the one and only, Eddie Munson.

"Hey Henderson." He gets up and sticks his hand out for me and pulls me up.

"Hey. Sorry about earlier." I smile sheepishly. He always seems to get me nervous.

"Nah It's ok," He does a little turn, "No bruises or anything." He shows a small smile.

"Listen I gotta go. I'll catch you later."

"Yea cool." I run off to the gym before a teacher tells me shit.

A/N:
Sup peoples i know this chapters a lil wonky🧍‍♀️
i'll probably have chapter 5 out for you suckers later today ‼️