Chapter Thirty- Six: Marry Poppy

"IM LATE TO MY OWN WEDDING!"

The wedding coordinators had forgotten to order fairy dust for the wedding. It's a magical powder used to bless the couple getting married. It's an on going tradition within the Lullaby royal family, but sense it was a rushed wedding they had completely forgotten. Poppy, of course, had some in her lab and said she would quickly fly up and get it. But then she spilled mermaid blood on her wedding dress. So she had to use salamander tears to get it out. Which she didn't have enough of so she had to go down to her store and grab some. Then she got caught in a crowed of citizens congratulating her for her wedding.

When she managed to get out she realized she had completely forgotten to bring the fairy dust. So she flew back up. And now was late to her wedding while tearing her lab apart to find the fairy dust. "That's it!" Poppy seethed. She ran over to her treasure chest and grabbed her magic hand mirror. "Mirror Mirror, bla bla bla, tell me where my fairy dust is!"

"Why do you want to know?" The mirror asked in a snarky tone. "This is why I don't like using you! Just tell me so I can go to my wedding!" "It's in the top drawer of your mixing table you dufus." Poppy ran to her mixing table and yanked open the door. Low and behold the fairy dust was sitting their in all its sparkly glory. "I swear I checked here!" She huffed. "You didn't." The mirror replied. She shoved the mirror back in the chest. "Congrats on your wedding!" The mirror yelled before the chest closed.

Poppy grabbed her newest flying talismans and frowned. "This won't be fast enough." Poppy eyed the box of failures with a grin.

•••

"The Princess is late." The priest looked at his watch. Loki looked around nervously. 'Where is she?'

Poppy zoomed down from the sky. Once she spotted the outdoor venue she opened her umbrella. "I made it!" She cheered! Loki chuckled and ran to catch her. He jumped into the air and took hold of his soon to be wife. "What an entrance," he snickered. He used his aura to brace their landing. As they reached the stage the congregation cheered for the two.

Poppy blushed as Loki slowly lowered her to the ground. He kissed her forehead, "you look beautiful," he teased. Poppy's face grew red. "You don't look to bad yourself," she smiled. His face was stilled but Poppy didn't miss his reddening ears. Her heart skipped a beat. 'I love him way too much. This is going to be bad for my heart.'

"Okay, let's get you two married before something else happens," the priest joked. Poppy and Loki laughed. The couple swore their loyalty to each other. To have and to hold. For better or for worse. For richer or for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Till death do them part.

Poppy couldn't help the happy tears as they exchanged rings. "You may kiss the bride." Loki softly touched her cheek. He wiped away her tears, making Poppy smile. She thought to herself, 'up,' and slowly lifted to his height. Loki chuckled. Then she kissed him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he held her close to him.

The crowd cheered as the Duke and Duchess finally were wed. Loki and Poppy pulled away and smiled. Loki tapped his forehead to hers. "I love you, my wife." Poppy snickered, "I love you, my husband."

The End

•••

Author:

First of all. Peep the play on words in the title. Marry Poppins. Marry Poppy. Haha. I was so excited to use that line this whole time. I've been thinking about this chapter even before I even started writing this book!

Secondly. I would like to thank the people who have been reading this since the beginning. You are what encouraged me to keep writing.

I will be making an Epilogue. My Pinterest board for this story is filled with drawings of little Poppy and Loki and I am not letting those photos go to waste. 😤

I would love to hear your feed back? What did you like or not like about this story? Advice I can take with me when I make more books?

Okay, bye! 💕