Epilogue 3/3: Fight For You

Loki knocked on the door to his father's library. When he got no answer he tiptoed into the room. The sun light from the sunroof illuminated the wooden shelves holding various genres of books. He headed to the one section he knew his daughter, Viola, would be in.

He slipped behind the shelves and quietly walked to the 'Music and Arts' column. As expected, Viola was sitting in her chair reading. Even in her free time she holds herself with great etiquette. Her black hair was nearly sitting on her shoulders. Her posture was straight and her expression held no emotion at all. She reminded him of his past self before he met Poppy. Poppy had asked him to speak to Viola first since she seemed to like Loki better. Poppy assumed it was because Loki knew Viola's father before they adopted her.

During the war he had fought beside a brave boy. Loki never could remember his name. He had forgotten the boy's voice, or what he looked like because Loki used to believe that it was wrong for him to grow too close to his men since they were most likely going to die. But this boy fought like non other. Even in the worst battles they had faced the boy never grew discouraged, because he had a family to go back to. However, his bravery didn't give him enough power to survive longer than his body could handle. He died. His wife died 7 years after that. Loki was given word of this tragedy, and had asked Poppy her opinion. Of course she immediately jumped at the idea of adopting the now orphaned child. So Viola joined their lives at the age of 12. Their first child.

"Viola can I talk to you for a minute." Viola tucked back a piece of her black hair and glanced up at Loki with her blaring gold eyes. "Father?"

Loki kneeled down in front of her. "Can I tell you a story?" Viola nodded. Her face expressionless but her eyes held a keen interest. "When I was just a little bit older than you I also lost my family. My mother died when I was born, and my father was murdered when I was sixteen. Since the war against the monsters was being waged in my home town I had to volunteer. I lived my life for four years completely content with dying. I had no one to go back to, and no one to mourn my death. I shut people out because I knew that if I gained friendships, I wouldn't be able to handle their deaths.

"I had done the same thing to your father. I tried my hardest not to get to close but man that guy has a way of leaving an impression. Your father fought with a resolve you don't often see on the battle field. And that was because he had you to come back to." Tears slowly began to roll down Viola's cheeks. "Why are you telling me this?" She sniffled. Loki shrugged, "I understand now why he fought so hard."

Viola's eyes widened. Loki stood up and pat Viola on the head. "Your father died protecting your freedom's. He only wanted you to be happy. So I will continue his legacy and fight for that right for you as well. You've given me another goal Viola. To give you the life your father would want for you. You don't need to be afraid that Poppy or I will leave anytime soon. Or that we would abandon you. I'm the criminal Duke and she is the abandoned princess. Neither of us want you to change your ways to fit into our social class when we don't even fit into it ourselves. Just do what makes you happy." And then Loki left.

Viola looked down at the book in her hand. "Do what makes me happy." She stretched her arms and leaned back into the chair. Poppy was hiding behind a bookshelf. Loki sensed her presence and walked to her. Poppy put up her fist for a fist bump. "Good work solider," she whispered. Loki chuckled, "you are so weird." Poppy rolled her eyes, "that's what you love about me." Loki wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulder. "Sigh, I guess that's true." Poppy giggled and hugged him. "It's okay. I love your weirdness too!"

The End (again) Lol

Ending question: What was your favorite moment and why?

I love you guys! Thank you for supporting me and I hope you liked the book!