Chapter Eighteen: Poppy the Chiropractor

"Why are you so happy?" Steven eyed the Duke wearily. Loki only smiled and shook his head. Steven cringed at the foreign expression on the Duke's face. He then noticed the dukes red tipped ears he immediately knew who the culprit was.

'I will write about this later in my journal,' Steven noted.

"Did Captain Light get back to you?" Steven asked. Loki nodded. He flung the paper over to Steven which he pinched and turned over to read. He scanned over its contents. His eyebrows furrowed more the further he read. "So basically a rebel group is putting enchantment spells on monsters to control them. But it says here the objective for the attacks hasn't been determined. If it's a rebel group their objective would be to have some fort of change forcibly enforced. But if nothing has been said. We don't know what they want meaning this probably isn't something as simple as a rebel group."

Loki pinched his chin as he pondered the situation.

Knock knock.

Steven frowned, "I'll go tell them to leave." Loki nodded. When Steven opened the door the familiar voice of Poppy caught the attention of the Duke. "Let her in." He demanded. Steven looked over to Loki. "Are you sure?" He wondered. Loki nodded.

Poppy stepped into the room and eagerly looked around. She didn't think he would actually let her in but she had found a book on massage therapy and chiropractor techniques and wanted to test them out.

She walked over to Loki and lifted up the books in her hands. He read the titles and sighed. He had learned from the past few months that when she reads a book on interest that nothing will stop her till she has lost interest in it.

Steven watched as the usually cold duke softened in the princess' presence. She began to massage his shoulders. He winced a bit but when she changed the position of her fingers the pain turned to pleasure. "Keep talking." Loki ordered.

"Oh... okay. Well if the group of people-." "Not from there," the Duke cut him off. Steven realized that the Duke wanted him to explain from the beginning so Poppy could become apart of the conversation.

He explained in a way the seemed like it was new information. Poppy listened attentively. Poppy began to work on Lokis arms and hands. "Oh that reminds me," she remembered. "When I was attacked by those monsters it looked like they were looking for something. If they were really just wild animals then they would have just burned the manor or just continue to harm the people instead of searching the mansion. They only started attacking when they saw me.

The three sat on this information. "I also thought of something weird. If all the portals were destroyed that means that they didn't do the same thing they did to the portal we were at since none of them exploded. I personally think someone is after the Frost house. I mean common they attacked the Northern region with a hoard of monsters but no where else?"

Steven nodded in agreement, "that is very true. Which brings us to the question of why?" Poppy started messaging the dukes scalp which earned a low moan. Poppy smiled and continued to massage his head. "Maybe they are here for you Loki. Do you have any crazy ex-lovers?" Poppy chuckled but Loki's breath hitched. He looked up at Steven.

"Oh no." Steven gasped.