Chapter Fourteen: Try Apologizing

"Steven, is she still mad at me?" Loki glanced up from his work to his assistant. Steven nodded. "Everyone is mad it you sire." Loki raised an eyebrow, "are you mad at me?" Steven's lip twitched as he forced a smile. "If I could ring your neck right now I would."

Loki sighed and stood up from his desk. "Take the day off." Steven narrowed his eyes, "is this a trap?" Loki patted Stevens shoulder and walked out the room. His mind was far to distracted to get anything done.

As he walked down the halls he could sense all the maids glaring him down. He tried going to the training grounds but noticed the sour atmosphere. Every where he went glares were thrown his way. If the statues had heads they probably would be glaring at him too.

"I can't believe the Princess is in such a state because of him. Is he even human," one maid whispered behind his back. It felt like he had been stabbed.

He decided to get his hand checked by Wilbur. It hadn't fully healed when he fought all those monsters so he wasn't sure if any damage happened.

When he entered the small clinic Wilbur greeted him with his normal formal greeting. Loki sighed a breath of relief that at least someone wasn't glaring daggers at him.

He sat down and Wilbur quickly began to check the Dukes hand. "Wilbur. Why is everyone so mad at me." Wilbur laughed, "do I really need to tell you sire?" Loki shook his head. "You don't seem mad at me. Why?" Wilbur looked up to the Duke and smiled. His eyes squinted. Loki knew Wilbur enough to realize that he was indeed mad. He was just being respectful and hiding his feelings.

Once Wilbur knew the Duke had gotten the message he went back to checking on the injured hand. The door to the clinic swung open and in waddled a heavily bandaged Poppy. Wilbur finished bandaging Loki's hand. Wilbur was about to walk away but Loki grabbed his arm frantically. "What do I do?" He whispered. Wilbur grinned, "try apologizing," he whispered back.

Wilbur walked over to Poppy with a completely different energy. "Should you be walking Princess? Your legs were pretty bruised up yesterday." Poppy shrugged, "I was bored." Wilbur nodded knowingly. 'There is nothing the miss hates more than to be bored.' Poppy eyed the nervous Loki. "What is he doing?" She whispered. Wilbur glanced over to the Duke and then back at Poppy. "The Duke injured his hand a while back. It wasn't completely healed when he had to fight so he was getting a check up."

Poppy nodded, mouthing an 'oh.' She shook her left leg. "Can you grab the bottle in my pocket." Wilbur dug in Poppy's pocket and pulled out a tiny bottle the size of his fingernail. "Flick of the talisman. And prepare to grab a potion bottle." Wilbur did as was told and even though he was prepared the shock of what happened in his hands almost made him drop the bottle.

Poppy smiled, "behold! One of my favorite creations!" It was her healing potion. She sat down on the couch farthest from the Duke. Loki noticed this and frowned. "Pour a little bit on all my injuries," she said eagerly. Wilbur poured small amounts of the white liquid on all of the areas Poppy had visibly injuried. Poppy used her teeth to rip off the bandages.

She flexed her fingers. Wilbur's eyes grew wide, 'her hands are as good as new.' Poppy untied her feet and stood up. She danced around to prove she was completely fine. "Will you teach me how to make this?" Wilbur stared at the potion in his hand. "Of course! It's actually pretty easy" Wilbur eyed the bandaged hand of Loki. He looked up to Poppy with eyes asked for permission. Poppy nodded. Wilbur smiled, 'she really is a good person.'

When he finished pouring the potion Loki stared in astonishment as the numbing pain in his wrist disappeared. "Thank you," he said to Poppy. Poppy huffed, and crossed her arms. Loki looked at Wilbur for an answer of what to do. "I'm sor-ry," Wilbur mouthed. Loki nodded hesitantly and looked back to Poppy. "Also, I would like to say. I'm sorry."