13

Narrator:

When Ethan entered the ice cream parlor with his best friend Lukas, he didn't think he would see Micah sitting with another guy. He looked over to Lukas and saw a quizzical look on his face. Ethan just shrugged his shoulders and looked for a table where he can subtly look at Micah, without Micah actually knowing he was looking at him. So he found a table that a few feet from Micah's table.

But that didn't exactly happen because he can feel Micah's eyes piercing on back of his head. He turned around and saw that Micah was giving the meanest glare he probably ever saw. He gulped and quickly turned around.

"Bro, why is that dude looking at you like you just killed his dog, right in front of him?" Lukas asks.

"I have no idea...is he still looking at me?"

"No, he's talking to the other dude," Lukas tells him.

"Oh. Okay cool," Ethan says trying to hide disappointment in his voice. But he didn't do so well because Lukas quickly caught on.

"Wait? Do you-- you do!" Lukas says knowingly. Ethan blushes and tells him to quiet down.

"Sorry...but do you?" Lukas asks. Even though Ethan is 100% sure that Lukas knows the answer the question. He nods his head and he can feel his cheeks heat up, and he's probably sure his cheeks are painted a nice pink color.

"I knew it," Lukas says smugly.

"Course you did."Ethan rolls his eyes.

"I think you should ask him out,"Lukas suggests.

"Ha! Wow. Me ask him? Yeah, no. I don't he even likes me like that," He tells Lukas.

"Okay, just a thought. But you're not gonna know if you don't ask." Lukas shrugs like it's no big deal. Ethan scoffs and eats his ice cream. Lukas smirks because he knows that Ethan could just ask him, but knowing him he won't do it.

"God, you're such a nuisance," Ethan says teasingly.

"Yeah but I'm your nuisance." Lukas smiles cockly. Ethan just shakes his head and let's out a deep sigh.

•\\\•

Micah looks down at Kaedan's ice cream color hand with wide eyes. He tries really hard not to laugh and he offers Kaedan to go get some napkins, Kaedan just nods his head and says that he'll be in the bathroom washing his hands. He walks to the counter where it has toppings and fudge and Carmel machine, and also has napkins.

Lukas nudges Ethan and points to Micah, and whispers that he should ask him out. Ethan shakes his head no but Lukas teasing and begging him to. So Ethan reluctantly gets up from his table and walks over to the counter where Micah is.

"Hey," Ethan greets.

"Ethan," Micah says in bored tone.

"So um what are you doing?" Ethan cringes inwardly because that was so stupid.

"Um getting some napkins," Micah states the obvious. "What are you doing?"

"Um I - I was going-" He gets cut off by another voice.

"Micah, I'm so sorry. I didn't purposely crush my ice cream cone," Kaedan says in apologetic voice.

"No problem Kaedan, I knew you didn't mean it," Micah tells him. Micah turns his attention back to Ethan.

"So what were you going to do?" Micah asks.

"Oh, uh I uh never mind," Ethan lies. "I'm just going to go now."