CAKE AND ART

April

I was busy shuffling the pastry trays in my bakery. The customers who might have ordered will be here soon. Beth is still not here, or else I would have atleast asked her to go out to deliver the cakes ordered.

Beep, beep, beep...

As soon as the timer went off, I wore the oven mitts in my hands and pulled the raspberry pie out. The aroma arising from the delicious dessert already filled every corner of my small bakery with its sweet smell. I was happy and I mentally patted myself for baking this tasty creation of mine.

Beth and I run this bakery, since past one year. Although I had rented this place with the money I was saving since so long. But managing it all alone would be impossible, so we became partners in this business apart from being best friends. The sales are quite good and people tend to buy and enjoy the desserts we create.

We have together named this place as "Cake and art". Thinking about it's name it confuses people a lot, as what's the need of naming it as Cake and arts, cake is clearly understood because we deal with baked items. For a very long time people didn't get the real meaning behind the name. But not everytime, everything has a meaning. Though cake and arts signify the art of one's own hands, that the baked dessert comes out in the most beautiful and artistic shape. Apart from that Beth has opened a small corner for her artistic stuffs, which include decoupage, making soaps which look like doughnuts and cake, clay earrings etc. That's her own artistic talent, which she displays. Sometimes the customers in the bakery tend to buy them seeing the creativity.

 Sometimes the customers in the bakery tend to buy them seeing the creativity

While I was checking the batter, cream and dryfruits, I heard a sweet voice and I instantly recognised

While I was checking the batter, cream and dryfruits, I heard a sweet voice and I instantly recognised. Beth, she is here. I know she is late but nevermind now both of us can chill and work together. She is the only human who fills the void in my life with all her gossips and chuckles. Life is tough, and I am very unhappy person. So many things, have taught me so many lessons and all I think about is even though I see humans around me but I can't see humanity.

"Beth" I shifted my attention to my friend who was busy staring at me with a big smile on her face. I hurried up and occupied the chair next to her.

"April, sometimes you should just pause for a while and breath..don't you think?" She chuckled

"And what about the work, the orders, the cakes and delivery" I made a face.

"And what about your health peanut" she ran her fingers through my hairs.  I just melted at that very moment.

"Aww you love me so much" I replied and hugged her.

"Exactly I do" she hummed.

Releasing her from the hug, I stared at her.

"So..any new gossip" I asked her while taking bite of the lemon tarts.

"Yeah, Jordan ended up with a breakup recently..she was fucking crying for that dick head who left her for his new chick" Beth was irritated.

"Yes, so what... heartbreak is such a tragedy, but you know what's the biggest tragedy...an unrequited love. Jordan atleast for a point of time lived with someone whom she loved, for whom her heart beats..the person who was her heart desire. But think about the people who never ever get to even speak about their love for someone just in case either they will loose a friend or break their own heart" I said as I sipped on the Americano.

Beth pouted and then replied.

"It doesn't work like that April, girls these days care for their looks and Instagram feed and boys for fuck buddies, noone has that genuine urges which their heart desires and this ends up in the casual timepass. They truely think, they will have a future but that rarely happens. True love is rare April. People don't value  emotions now. And this world never works according to our emotion"

"But when I think about that even if there is a single person who really loves someone out there whole heartedly then we should never stop seeking for what our heart desires" I smiled.

"You are such a hopeless romantic April and please stop hurting yourself because of some unrequited love and fantasy love tale" Beth chuckled.

"No one in this world knows what love really is, various authors, number of definitions. But still everyone, has this one question "What is love?" You know according to me there is no definition of this word, and something which can never be defined in words is love." I muttered.

"Are you giving me philosophy love lectures today April, instead of baking cookies for me" Beth was laughing.

"I am trying to tell you something, I am trying to share a part of my story with you Beth. You can't just ask someone to stop loving, stop crying and stop feeling for some one because the other person was a jerk.  Practically you are right but emotionally it doesn't work" I replied.

"Is there something that you have never told me about ever...and is it the only reason for you being like this, changed, meloncholic,...is it that thing which has changed you like this...who is it? What it is? Why you kept on bearing all alone and were hurting inside. Tell me April?" She grabbed my wrist and turned me around to only face the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"It's an unrequited love Beth, it's someone I couldn't stop loving. It's someone I still yearn for..and you know everytime I tried to share it with someone while I was in college or at home, they said it's just an infatuation. Which ended up making me someone I never want to be, the first time I met you, I thought to tell you but what if ? You also....nevermind. I can't keep it to myself anymore...I want to tell you about that love which I am nurturing all alone" I sobbed.

"No, why would I fucking even say it's an infatuation. Sometimes we don't know whom to share our things to? We don't know the right one who can listen to us and understand us... It's two to three years since you left college and you still somewhere long for that person. And I am not stupid enough to not understand that there is a fine line between infatuation and an unrequited love. It's just same because in both the conditions the person isn't in relationship. But love is caring about someone more than one ownself, while infatuation is about self. April, honey unrequited love is love only...it's just that it's not returned back" she replied wiping off my tears and hugged me.

"From where did it all start?" Was her next question.

(。♡‿♡。)(。♡‿♡。)(。♡‿♡。)(。♡‿♡。)(。♡