HIM AND I

April

When I opened my eyes the next day, the sun had already started to rise which meant I was sleeping for last five hours. The reddish hue of the rising sun was decorating the sky. The beautiful sight from my apartment window always made my day a thousand times better.

Stretching my limbs, I stood up and wore my slippers, I slowly made my way back to the attached kitchen of my house and the tempting aroma of something on the stove pulled me towards it.

My eyes widened when I saw Tyler cooking something. It was the first time I saw him cook anything and the scene was a sight to behold, afterall he was the one who loved to eat. He looked so focused and calculating, as if it was another one of his projects.

"Go take a shower. I will set the table." he said. Surprised and impatient to taste his food, I nodded and hurried towards the bathroom to freshen up and then I took a quick shower to wash off all the sleep i had in my eyes, afterall everytime I wake up...I roam around In whole house like a zombie.

I wore the floral middie which I had bought recently and then let my wet hair loose. Spraying some perfume on me and applying some Nivea strawberry lip balm to color my lips, I made my way back to the lounge.

He had set up the table in front of the glass door through which the beautiful scenery was visible. Two plates of spaghetti and meatballs and two glasses of wine were already set on the table, waiting to be devoured. He did a perfect presentation of dining table too.

"Is it a date?" I joked as I settled in front of him.

"Would you like it to be?" he asked with a teasing smile. He looked good in a the light blue T-shirt he was wearing. Such light colors are soothing to eyes and made him look more young.

Is he flirting with me? This was not the Tyler I had known, he used to mock at me and tease me. Seems like he is in such a good mood and flirting was an unknown deal to him.

"I'd think it is" I said.

"My pleasure ma'am" he smiled and took a sip of the wine. While I looked at his handsome face and took a sip, feeling the sharp taste of the wine burning my tongue.

After this, I took a bite and closed my eyes in relief when it didn't turn out to be bitter or sweet.

"Shall we go out for a party tomorrow night." he said.

"Oh, okay" I smiled.

"Wear something normal and a bit which can cover you" he said in a serious tone.

Why is he acting strange, am I not supposed to wear clothes of my choice.

"Why so?" I asked him in annoyance.

"Because any random guy can start taking intrest in you" he was busy munching the meat balls.

"Yes, but not every other guy is interested in every girl. Can't a guy just be courteous to a girl without wanting anything in return?" I replied. I had finished the whole glass of wine and although I didn't feel drunk, it helped to lower my inhibitions.

"Not when the girl looks like you." he said, pouring some more wine in his glass. I took the bottle from him and then poured some in my glass as well.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked. I didn't understand if he praised me or insulted me. He smiled at this and then leaned back in his seat.

"You don't get this, do you? You are fucking Beautiful April, too beautiful for your own good." he said and my cheeks felt warm all of sudden. He was acting protective.

I had no idea how to reply so I lowered my gaze to my plate, fighting the smile that wanted to appear on my face.

The rest of the meal went in silence, with his keen eyes on me and my eyes on the wine. By the time I stood up, I felt a little dizzy. The three glasses of wine had started to show its effect and I started to feel drunk. I should have thought about this earlier. Alcohol and I never went along, if my late teenage had taught me anything. I should have controlled myself. I was fucking drunk early morning.