Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kahmunrah looked them both up and down confused by their appearance.

"Mah kalimar-ah?" he asked in what Anna assumed was Egyptian. Larry didn't respond and from the confusion on Anna's face Kahmunrah tried a different dialect. "Parlevous francais? English? English perhaps?"

Larry just continued to look confused, meanwhile Anna had her heart in her throat and looked from one sharp spear to the next. The warrior next to her had lowered his a bit so it wasn't directly at her throat but he could still run her through the torso with it if he needed to.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Larry asked and Anna almost slapped a hand to her face. Was there a third Egyptian Pharaoh he was expecting at this party? However, Kahmunrah seemed more then happy to shine in the spotlight and give a full introduction.

"I am Kahmunrah, the Great King of the Great Kings. And from the darkest depths of ancient history, I have come BACK TO LIFE!"

"A huh."

Larry's' lack of reaction didn't deter Kahmunrah and he seemed happy enough to introduce himself again with a back up line, "Perhaps you did not hear what I just said. I am a centuries old Egyptian Pharaoh, I was dead but now I have come BACK TO LIFE!"

"Yeah, no I heard that. I got that. Welcome back." Larry greeted him with a slight nod.

Now Kahmunrah did look utterly baffled by how calm Larry and Anna were. "Wh-who are you?"

"Larry. Daley, of Daley Devices up in New York." He held out his hand to shake Kahmunrah's but the action only made his guards twitch ready to strike in case he tried to hurt their king so Larry dropped his hand. He didn't introduce Anna and she was grateful for that, she didn't want this guy's attention on her, she'd rather be forgotten in the background. But then Larry carried on speaking and said the one thing Anna would have warned him against. "You know it's funny, I know your brother, Ahkmenrah."

Kahmunrah's face tensed and you could tell there was an edge to how he stood and the strain in his voice. At least, Anna could tell, Larry didn't seem to notice a thing. "Oh do you? Oh he knows baby brother, oh the favorite son."

"Yeah good kid." Larry smiled.

"Oh isn't he just." Kahmunrah sneered, "You know Mother and Father always gave him the best of everything and I do mean everything. They even gave him the throne, the throne that was rightfully MINE!"

Now Larry did pause for a beat, "Huh, he never mentioned that."

"I'll just bet he didn't. Well, now begins the era of Kahmunrah because I have come BACK TO- never mind just give me the tablet." Kahmunrah demanded holding out his hand for it, obviously tired of trying to impress Larry.

"Don't give it to him Gigantor!" Jedidiah called from inside the metal crate.

"Ogo-bogah!" Attila yelled.

"Silence! Silence in there please!" Kahmunrah shouted as he approached the closed and locked door. He barely glanced at Anna, seeming pleased by the fear in her wide eyes. Then he turned to the crate and slammed it with his fist. "Don't make me come in there!"

"No! I won't be muzzled!" Jed protested.

Then Kahmunrah turned back to Larry. As he stepped forward Larry stepped back. "Look, that tablet is more powerful than you, Larry Daley of Daley Devices, can possibly imagine. Bringing things back to life, is just a parlor trick. With it, I shall unlock the Gate to the Underworld and bring forth my army from the Land of the Dead. So, if it's not too much trouble, Mahk!" he shouted and four of the warriors raised their spears to Larry while the other two stood on either side of Anna and did the same. "Hand. It. Over."