Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Anna had chuckled all the way back to the office downstairs at the fresh memory of Laa and Larry. He'd looked so ticked off about the whole thing, but the caveman calling him Dada was too unexpected which only made it more hilarious.

At the office she pulled out her laptop from her tote bag and turned it on before looking for a movie to watch. Billy plopped on the couch and laid down resting one hand behind his head. Anna joined him once she hit play and his free arm instantly wrapped around her.

Faintly behind the sound of the movie she could hear the music being played at Larry's presentation. Anna was very glad she'd opted out of the party and instead could relax rather than hold back her social anxiety all night. She'd gotten better at managing her anti-social tendencies, touring the children around helped her come out of her shell but in a room full of highly educated adults she'd be in uncharted territory.

She was just pulling herself out of her head and focusing back on the screen when Billy took a deep breath and stiffened behind her.

"Billy?" she asked as he sat up, making her do the same, as he readjusted himself so his feet were on the ground and he sat on the couch properly. He didn't answer her, didn't even look her way. Only kept his fingertips pressed to his chest as he looked confused like he was trying to figure out what was going on. Anna kept her eyes glued to him, but they went wide as Billy suddenly let out a loud groan in pain and bent all the way over. She leapt into action moving to sit beside him, draping an arm across his shoulders before trying to rub his back, he kept on groaning through gritted teeth, his hand now clutching his chest.

"Billy? Billy?" she asked frantically, "What's wrong? What is it? What's going on?" With each question her heartrate sped up and she did all she could to keep from freaking out.

Then with another loud 'AHH' Billy fell forward and to the side a bit, Anna slid off the couch with him as they sat on the floor, Billy leaning so far over her was practically lying down. his head was practically in her lap as she ran her fingers through his hair and held onto him, scared that she was so helpless when he was obviously in such pain. His body rocked slightly like he thought maybe he could reposition himself and the agony would go away, he took fast deep breaths that reminded her of Lamaze and groaned and grunted as the pain coursed through him. His other hand braced out against the floor to keep him off the concrete but she saw his fingers clench into a fist, then relax, then go white knuckled again.

"It's okay." Anna said, finding nothing else she could do, "It's okay. It's okay. You're going to be alright."

Meanwhile upstairs in the ballroom Larry was rushing through the tables of guests trying to calm Teddy down and he brandished his gun.

"I don't know you." Teddy told Larry from the end of his rifle. the sound of rushing feet pounded from down the hall as all the animals came parading into the room wreaking havoc. Guests began to catch on that it wasn't part of the presentation and began screaming and fleeing their seats. Laughter at their feet went unheard in the chaos leaving no one to notice the miniatures until it was too late. A rope stretched across the floor sending several guests in their best formalwear faceplanting on the ground. on one side Jedidiah and his cowboys laughed as Octavius and his romans on the opposite end cheered and huzzah-ed.

"I don't know what's come over me!" Jed yelled, "But I like it!"

The constellations shot across the sky in blue glittering sparks as the Huns ran in, their weapons raised as Attila shouted battle cries. Immediately he smashed the ice statue of the dolphin to pieces hacking away at what was left.

"What's going on?" McPhee cried in fright as he took cover by a table with Larry. Dexter, riding a tiger sped past a waiter and snatched a kabob, wielding it like a spear and attacked the chairman. Larry rushed over and jumped in front of her as the cavemen grunted holding lit torches - Laa not among them.