Chapter 4

Anna was pulled into the photo against her will and quickly the three warriors found their companions. The group of them pushed their way through the celebration in search of Larry and the tablet. All around them men and women dressed in their military uniforms wove the American flag with smiles on their faces, many shouting 'It's over! It's all over!' while they held up newspapers that proudly displayed the announcement. People danced to trombone music and laughter was the lyrics.

She wasn't sure who caught sight of Larry first, her or the Egyptians. But her eyes locked with Daley's and his became wide seeing her held hostage. She saw him get stopped by a young man who had a smile on his face but it quickly vanished as he spoke to Larry. Then he looked shocked and called over some of his friends. The group of them quickly pushed their way through the crowd toward Anna and started throwing fists at the Egyptians. In the scuffle she was able to get free and the man who had been speaking to Larry gave her a quick smile before pushing her away from the brawl so she wouldn't get hurt. She gave him a grateful smile back before she rushed over to Larry.

"You okay?"

"Better now." She replied a bit breathless as her nerves calmed back down. "How do we get out of here?"

"I'm not sure. Look for the kissing couple?"

"I think they're in front of Walgreens." Anna pointed and Larry followed her lead. They found the couple easily enough but they weren't out of the woods yet. Through the crowd they spotted Kahmunrah's warriors - and they were already on their tail.

"Go!" Larry shouted at her. "Go. I'll be right behind you."

She jumped through the frame and back into reality. Turning around she saw Larry kissing the nurse just as the man he'd nudged out of the way got tackled by the warriors. Amelia appeared from the throng of people, smiling as she tapped Larry's shoulder and they both joined Anna.

"You're quite the smooth operator, aren't you Mister Daley?" Amelia asked with a smirk.

"Call me!" the nurse yelled to Larry. But before he could enjoy the moment the warriors were back.

"Quick!" Larry shouted grabbing the edge of the frame and tossing Anna the tablet. Amelia grabbed the other side and they turned the picture trapping the Egyptians in 1945.

"That actually worked." Larry muttered shocked.

Amelia looked the polar opposite, "What's next?" she asked, excitement lighting her eyes.

"Look, nothing personal, but I'm kind of in the middle of something here that's not really your fight." Larry told Amelia as the three of them made their way through the museum.

Anna led the way as they passed a skipping giant balloon dog and a pair of colorful chattering teeth.

"It's because I'm a woman isn't it?"

"No, it's because I've got this ancient raised-from-the-dead evil Pharoah guy who's willing to kill me and probably anyone near me to get this tablet so he can rule the world." Larry explained.

"So it is because I'm a woman!" Amelia said angrily. Anna wanted to point out to her that Larry couldn't be sexist because Anna herself was a part of this mess and he hadn't sent her away – so far.

She also had enough on her mind as the traitorous organ in her skull kept drifting back to Billy. Learning about him and his history had revealed controversy about him that lasted to this day – hence why no governor had yet to grant his stinking pardon. She'd always been on Billy's side, that he was a good person in a harsh world, on his own at a young and confusing age having to make his way in the world. He'd run into people who were bad influences but ultimately it was ride with them or be on your own and risk death. By the time he met John Tunstall, the only decent man willing to help Billy, and others like him, build better futures a decade long tension in Lincoln New Mexico was already at a boiling point and erupted into a war only weeks later. Only a person without a single empathetic bone in their body would still think of Billy as evil.