7

*A/N: trigger warning, there will be mentions of throwing up and motion sickness.

I woke up the next morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. We're supposed to be heading to Birmingham today, and I can't stop throwing up every bit of my insides. Sav is holding my hair with one hand and rubbing circles in my back with the other.

"We should take you to a doctor." Sav says softly.

"I'll be fine, it's probably just something I ate." I groan, wiping my mouth with toilet paper before flushing and standing up off the ground with some assistance from Sav.

"You'll just never stop being so stubborn, will you?" He chuckles, placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking them.

"I'll be fine, I swear." I say, mustering up a half smile.

The ride on the tour bus to Birmingham is absolute hell. The slightest twists and turns in the road send me running to the bathroom. I'm trying to keep my distance from the guys in case it's some sort of bug. Sav comes in every now and then to check on me. The guys typically start working on new material during the bus rides so I encouraged them to do that despite Sav's protests.

My thoughts are interrupted by a slight knock on the door. Assuming it's Sav again, I tell them to come in.

"Hey, Emma."

To my surprise, Steve came in with a can of ginger ale and some painkillers. I turn around and sit up so that I can look at him.

"How are you feeling?" He smiles,  handing me the drink and then sitting at the foot of the bed.

"I still feel terrible, but I should be better soon. I hope so at least." I give him a soft smile.

"Georgia offered to go with you to the urgent care if you want." He says.

"That's nice of her. I may do that." I nod.

"Okay, just yell if you need anything in the meantime." He chuckles, placing a hand on my mine quickly before he exits the room.

After a brutal six hour bus ride, not including the stops we made along the way, we finally arrive in Birmingham.

The boys had already gone to the arena to prepare for the show tonight, leaving Georgia and I behind in the bus.

I walk out of the bedroom to find her sprawled out on the couch watching some news show.

"Hey, Georgia." I smile.

"Hey." She smiled back and sat up on the couch.

"So, Steve had mentioned that you offered to go with me to get checked out... I'd like to take you up on that if you don't mind." I say nervously.

"Of course, let's go." She nods her head.

The air in the urgent care lobby is cold. I've always hated medical facilities. They send shivers down my spine every time I enter one. I'm sitting with my legs crossed, tapping my knees nervously. Georgia picked up a modeling magazine that had been left on the table and began reading it.

"Miss Crane." The nurse called from the open door.

She lead me into another cold, white room. I sat down on the examination table, the leather on the seat making a loud noise as I do so.

"So, what seems to be the problem today?" She asks, clicking her pen and picking up her clipboard.

"I've been having a lot of nausea and vomiting. Mild headaches which I assume is from me being dehydrated." I explain.

She nods, writing down everything I said.

"We're going to get a urine sample from you and just run a couple tests." She says, and I nod in agreement.

After she takes my blood pressure, weight, and temperature, I go to the bathroom to collect my urine sample. I sit it in the little window the nurse told me to and head back to the room.

After another long period of waiting, the doctor came in. He was a tall, muscular man with glasses. I'm assuming he's no older than 50. He sits on a stool and pulls it closer to me.

"Miss Crane. I have some news for you." He looks at me and says.

"Oh God, I don't have cancer do I?" I place my head in my hands and he laughs.

"No, nothing like that." He laughs again and shakes his head. "Emma, you're pregnant."

Suddenly I felt as if my soul left my body. Every word he said sounded like gibberish because my brain had just completely shut off in that moment.

I was pregnant, with Sav's baby, during one of the most exciting times of his life. We hadn't even discussed the aspect of kids yet. We've barely had time to adjust to being engaged.

"Emma?" The doctor says, snapping me back to reality.

"S-sorry, I just didn't expect that." I say, my cheeks turning red.

Walking out of the room back into the waiting room, I had no idea what I was going to tell Georgia. I didn't even know what I was going to tell Sav.

Georgia walks up to me and puts her hands on my arms.

"Emma, are you okay? You're pale as a ghost." She says as she looks me up and down.

"I'm pregnant." I say in such a low tone I wasn't even sure if she'd be able to hear me.

"Well that's great news isn't it!" She cheerfully says.

"I just don't know how I'm going to tell Sav." I shake my head as we walk out the door, heading back to the tour bus. "Promise me not to say a word to anyone yet." I beg.

"I promise, but that's not exactly something you can keep from him forever." She says.

Georgia eventually left to go watch the concert. I stayed in, trying to figure out how I was going to explain to my fiancé that I'm pregnant.

I'm not upset about this at all, I'm just nervous. Bad pregnancies run in my family and I'm very afraid of that happening to me. My mother miscarried twice before having me and my grandmother had given birth to stillborn twins before my mother was born. I don't know how we'd survive if that happened to me.

The guys came back a couple hours later when their show ended. I had fallen asleep and was facing the window. I awoke when I felt the bed dip and Sav slid in next to me.

"Hey baby." Sav said, kissing under my ear and slipping his arm around me. "How are you feeling."

"I'm doing a little better. The doctor prescribed me something for the nausea." I explain. I wasn't going to tell him about the pregnancy now, especially with me being half asleep.

"Good. We need you back in tip top shape." He kisses my shoulder before laying down on his pillow. It wasn't long after that when I began to hear his soft snoring in my ear.

I struggled to fall back asleep as my mind was racing nonstop. Is Sav ready to start a family? Will my pregnancy be complicated? The scary thoughts and negative scenarios replayed in my head like broken records all through the night.