18

Declan has since been released from the hospital, and everything is fine. We've been extra cautious with him to make sure that no sudden seizures happen. If I thought I wasn't sleeping before, I'm definitely not sleeping now.

Waking up from the little sleep I did get, I smell pancakes being made downstairs and the faint sound of music coming from the record player.

I waddle downstairs in one of Sav's shirts and slowly creep into the kitchen. I smile at the sight of my fiancée flipping pancakes and singing along to Foreigner to himself.

"Now you move so fine, let me lay it on the line.." I sing from behind him, making him jump and he smiles once he realizes I'm there.

He sets aside the pancakes and spatula and walks over to me, grasping his hands in mine and spinning me around. We slowly sway together to the music until the song ends.

"Good morning" He says, kissing me and going back to finishing breakfast.

"Good morning. You're up early today." I respond, pouring myself a cup of orange juice.

"Just felt like a good day to make breakfast for my girl." He glances back at me with his signature smirk. I blush as I sit down at the counter and watch him.

Every time I look at him, I swoon for the first time all over again. The way his muscles move when he's flipping the pancakes, his soothing voice humming along to the music, the way he glances back at me and catches me staring. It all reminds me of why I fell in love with him.

Somehow he's managed to stick by me so long. Even after mental breakdowns caused by motherhood, he's always been there.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He chuckles as he sits my plate in front of me and proceeds to take the seat next to me.

"I can't help that my future husband is so nice to look at." I tease, taking a bite of my pancakes.

Suddenly, I feel a creamy substance touch my nose. Sav giggles as he licks the remaining whipped cream off his thumb.

"Oh, it's on now." I grab the whipped cream canister and Sav runs away quickly.

After our whipped cream war and a tiny makeout session in the now sticky kitchen, we took a shower. Now we're cleaning up the remains of the white substance and still laughing like children.

Soon after, I heard the sounds of Declan beginning to wake up. I put down the washcloth I was holding and begin the trek up the stairs.

Slowly opening his bedroom door, I peek in to see him hiccuping and looking up at the mobile hanging above his crib. His bright blue eyes are starting to have the glow return to them.

"Good morning, baby." I say as I walk over to the crib and pick him up. I then walk over to the rocking chair in the room and begin feeding him.

His eyes get heavy after he finishes eating, and the slow rock of the chair aids in his tiredness.

"You can't go back to sleep yet, silly. I have to burp you first."

He coos as I place him against my shoulder and gently tap his back. Soon enough he lets out a little burp, and I place him in the carrier to bring him downstairs.

Sav is watching soccer on tv when we arrive down there with his feet perched on the ottoman in front of him, his arms crossed behind his head. His eyes brighten behind his glasses immediately upon the sight of his son coming into his view.

"Deck!" He exclaims, getting Declan out of his carrier and bringing him into his arms. He sits back in his original spot, this time holding Declan and glancing down at him every so often with a grin that just melts my heart.

I take the seat next to him and lay my head on the arm of the couch, laying my legs over Sav's lap, careful not to hit Declan. Sav places his free hand on my ankles and gently rubs them.

Apparently, I had fallen asleep without even realizing it. When I awoke Sav was playing with Declan on the floor, with Declan giggling at Sav's every action. I rub my eyes and sit up, grabbing a sip of water and removing the blanket that had been placed over me.

"How long was I out?" I question.

"Not long, just throughout the game." Sav smiles.

"Don't you have to go work with the guys today?"

"I told them I just wanted to stay here today. Given the circumstances."

"You don't have to do that. I can take care of Declan." I come to sit on the floor beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. We have plenty of time to finish the album." He assures, pecking me.

"You're the best, you know that?" I laugh.

"I am pretty great." He says matter-of-factly, and I roll my eyes.

a/n: woo short chapter but it was a cute domestic Sav one so it's okay. thank you for all the reads and support!