We're Jinxed - Chapter 17 (Slight NSFW)

Notes: the hoes gon loooove this

———

When Natalia came to —for the seemingly millionth time of being knocked out in the past two weeks— she was back on Jinx's couch in her shaft. Everything was quiet, sans for the small sounds of humming and rustling, like objects being moved around and tossed while footsteps echoed along the metal walls.

Natalia barely opened her eyes, willing herself to but finding it impossible with how exhausted her body was mentally and physically. She couldn't even bare to think about what happened when Jinx had knocked her out. She couldn't bring herself to.

"Jinx?"

Suddenly the loud footsteps halted, before she could hear them approaching closer and closer each second.

"Good morning, Nat!" Jinx's voice was bouncy and light, and it felt like both a relief and a slap in the face given the previous circumstances. Given that with what Natalia knew she probably did when she was in her world of pitch black nothingness.

But that was exactly what scared Natalia. What she knew doomed her. No matter what Jinx did or said, she'd never be able to stop loving her.

And she knew it was toxic— but that's how she felt. To turn her back in Jinx felt like a betrayal to herself.

So she knew she never could.

"Ready to get going soon?"

Natalia jerked up, her eyes flying open as she looked around to find Jinx, though not seeing her. As she lifted up harshly, she didn't notice until it was took late that her left wrist was cuffed to a nearby pipe. The raw metal against her wrists made her hiss, although it was nothing compared to the other pains she'd felt in the last month.

Too late, she felt a presence behind her, before a hand reached out to grab her by the throat and lean her head back. There, above her, was Jinx.

"Careful, silly," Jinx tutted, leaning down towards Natalia's face and filling her nose with her bittersweet scent. "I don't want you getting anymore hurt, you know."

The shaft was so dark that Natalia couldn't understand how Jinx had been navigating it while she had seemed to be roaming and messing with things here and there around the place. Only countless black lights and neon colors illuminated the space in a lurid light.

"Jinx," Natalia breathed, her mind going fuzzy with the girl this close. "Please, what happened?"

"You don't need to worry," Jinx cooed, walking around the couch to stand in front of Natalia, before sitting down on her lap to straddle her. "I took care of everything. Now, it can just be me and you."

She giggled at the end of her sentence, running a hand across Natalia's cheek and down her neck. Natalia's breath quickened, worried for Caitlyn and Vi.

"But... what about everyone else?" She asked in a panic.

Jinx frowned at this, pulling back. "I told you, I took care of everything. Just trust me, doll."

Natalia knew better than to goad Jinx any further, but she couldn't help the gnawing guilt in her stomach. Guilt that she couldn't better protect her friends. She took a shaky breath in, then exhaled.