punishments of zina

Zina is indeed a very grave and major sin and we must be very diligent and careful in avoiding it. Allah says in the Glorious Qur'aan, in Surah Bani Isra'eel (17:32)

'And do not even draw near to fornication. It is truly an indecent act and the worst of ways (because it leads to immorality and illegitimate children in society and also leads to jahannum).'

Allah says in the Glorious Qur'aan, in Surah Bani Isra'eel (17:32)

'And do not even draw near to fornication. It is truly an indecent act and the worst of ways (because it leads to immorality and illegitimate children in society and also leads to jahannum).'

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah states that the messenger of Allah said, 'Allah has written the very portion of zina which a man will indulge in. There will be no escape from it. The zina of the eye is the (lustful) look, the zina of the ears is the listening (to voluptuous songs or talk), the zina of the tongue is (the licentious) speech, the zina of the hand is the (lustful) grip, the zina of the feet is the walking (to the place where he intends to commit zina), the heart yearns and desires and the private parts approve all that or disapprove it.' (Bukhari, Muslim)

PUNISHMENTS WILL BE METED OUT ACCORDING TO OUR ACTIONS ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT

One who dresses up to attract the glances of non-related men/women, such a person's face will be blackened on the day of judgement.

One who casts gazes of love upon the face of non-related men/women, on the day of judgement flesh will fall off limply from such a person's face.

The face that brightens up upon seeing the face of non-related man/woman, and feelings of happiness arise in the heart, will be smouldered with fire.

One who talks sweetly to a non-related men/women, will arise crying and wailing from the grave on the day of judgement.

One who casts a lustful glance towards non-related men/women, on the day of judgement melted iron will be applied in such a person's eyes.

One who walks to meet a non-related man/woman or to commit the evil act of adultery then Allah will order the angels to fetter such a person's feet with chains of fire.

One who removes the clothing in front of non-related man/woman, on the day of judgement such a person will be made to wear clothes of tarkol.

One who kisses a non-related man/woman, on the day of judgement such a person will be dragged to jahannum by his lips.

One who quenches his desires and thirst with a non-related man/woman, will rise thirsty on the day of judgement.

One who enjoys listening to praises and flattery from the non-related men/women, will receive the curses of all creation on the day of judgement.

One who lies to conceal an unlawful relationship will find his/her mouth sealed on the day of judgement, while the organs of the body will testify.

Every organ and limb that derives pleasure through the despicable act of adultery will be stung and bitten by scorpions on the day of judgement.

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah states that the messenger of Allah said, 'a thief does not remain a believer while he is stealing. Likewise, a fornicator does not remain a believer while he is indulged in adultery.'

This means that the Imaan (faith/belief) of such people leaves their souls during the act and re-enters the souls after the act has been completed if one has to depart the world while indulging in such an act, he would in fact leave this world without the priceless bounty of Imaan.