Chapter 13

Crazy, obnoxious, stupid, and charismatic. All the above characterize the 9 who were crowding the nursing room. Constant waves of anxiety and worrisome rushing through the air causing them to be stiffer than they already were.

As if the horde wasn't enough, they had to abandon their post and make way for another's, that was if he will welcome them in. Yet again, their lives were on the line. Maybe he would kindhearted, but he was never known for being that.

"That's it, we have to leave. And before you say anything Hyunjin. You're risking all of our lives by your stupid fucking opinions, so keep your mouth shut for the rest of the time being unless your words are needed. We don't need your mockery of common sense." And he didn't bother.

"I'll get the van prepared, Minho you're coming with me, Seungmin and bin, I need you to gather materials, Han I need you on weapons, jeongin and Sana, gather anything you can in here, all meds and tech. Hyunjin and Felix, try to give us enough time." That's when Hyunjin's mouth couldn't hold back anymore.

"You want to let Felix go out there?! He was unconscious a couple of minutes ago! Just because he has the powers of a calos, does not mean he can master them and go against a—"

"He's our only option Hyunjin.—"

"YOU'RE SENTENCING HIM TO DEATH! A single boy against monsters who don't care what's in their way as long as they get blood seems to me that you don't care what happens to him—"

"Oh cut the bullshit Hyunjin, stop trying to protect someone who doesn't need the protection. All this time, Felix has been able to manage without your guidance, all that he has done for us here is make sure Han was alive, stopped him from turning into ONE of those distasteful beings, and yet your treating him like he doesn't have a right what to say in his mind. If you care about him, then ask him what HE wants to do."

That was needed, it was needed to finally clear Hyunjin from his actions but he couldn't help but grow more furious. But... he didn't do anything but ask, "Do you want to do this Felix? I'll be fine if it's just me and me alone—" Now why would I let you go out there alone? Are you saying you just want to give up and just die? Your talking about them sentencing me to death, but you're already here declaring that you would rather do that yourself!" Hyunjin didn't say anything, hanging his head low in an attempt to hug his share of embarrassment yet guilt.

"I'll do it," He started, "But promise me that we won't be out there for long." He silently begged.

Chan gazed at all of the boys in the room before his sight landed back on the blonde, "You won't."

And let's just hope that was guaranteed.
-

-
Felix and Hyunjin were in the gun room, along with Han, gathering their weapons, mainly Hyunjin. "Take this," Han tossed a gun towards Hyunjin, making him raise a brow. "It's an Ak long range, just take it in an emergency or last take over. But you're going to mainly need this," Han tossed a bag filled with arrows towards Hyunjin. "Make every shot count." He finished.

"Felix," Han spoke up, gaining the young boy's attention. Han could tell the boy was nervous, "Take this as a late precaution, it was Hyunjin's old one until he found his katanas." He acquired, handing the dagger to him.

Felix traced the edge of the knife, holding it up in the air to look in between the lenses. "Now or never I guess."
-

-

They were at the entrance, leaving Han in the facility gun room to gather the last remaining ammo they need for their travel to their next destination. The more and more closer they got to the gates towards the entrance/ exit. The more Felix grew anxious and nervous.

"Stop."

Felix froze, coming to turn around and see Hyunjin digging into his soul with his glare, only showing an emotion that one would mistake as being worried or hateful. "You can't go out like that, you're a mess, Felix." He expressed.

Felix scoffed, "Honestly Hyunjin, why are you so uptight about this? You've only known me for so long and now... your this worried? I- I just don't get it."

"You don't understand, I don't even understand, but I'm allowed to be worried. Hell, you are just someone we picked up from the get-go, and you have no battle experience! What else do I have to be worried about except that? Besides... you were just someone who was a normal boy who was perfectly living fine by himself, then your whole life just turned upside down in a matter of days. I just— I just don't know what to feel or say about it—"

"You can't say anything, don't tell me you're feeling guilty about this now. You're the one who dragged me here with your guilt tripping and your speech. I'm just here because I finally left my apartment, and I've never felt so relieved and free since then. Hell yea, my life is fucked up now, but nothing else can be done by it, so stop fucking worrying about me and worry about All of us, my life isn't the only thing being threatened by those devil spawns, so start acting like it." Felix was convinced or merely tried.

In the middle of the hallway stood one silver-haired boy, and a blonde, both in their world and conflicting feelings on what to feel about their own life that they completely blacked out when they didn't realize that their faculty had been breached.

"Shit." They both cursed in unison.

"Stay behind me at all times Felix, life is hanging on by a thread right now and I don't need something else to convince myself that I shouldn't be the ones who are still granted this opportunity."

And Felix took that as a sign of encouragement, even if it was in the darkest way possible.
-

-

"Sannie!!" A boy whined in the major facility. Looking for his older boyfriend. He paced around the building more than once, he wasn't in his office, wasn't in the cafeteria, the studying room, or even the nursing office.

He started to panic, but of- course not for long, those feelings were replaced with happiness and relief once he saw a familiar red and black-haired man sitting on a patio outside of one of the main hallways.

Immediately he rushed inside to where he was, panting heavily and tremendously hard. Scaring the older boy when he rushed to his side to help him calm down. "Woo? What's wrong, talk to me." He spoke gently, caressing his face as he kneeled at the same height as the Oreo-haired boy.

"W- we just got an m- message," he breathed out in between slow breaths. Wooyoung didn't even notice the small confusion on the boy's face cause he was concentrated on his own.

"They've been breached."

And sans heart stopped, but he dared to ask.

"Who?"

"Straykids."