Chapter 22

The final countdown. Progressing slowly and slowly as time passed on, chaos tormenting yet corrupting the path of their doom. "Are the tanks filled back up," asked San while he struggled to gather the many supplies he'd need for their upcoming task. Yeosang replied with a simple nod, confirming his question.

He let out a relieved sigh, finally managing to gather up the last object before shoving it on the side of his already-filled bag. "Good, gather the remainder of them. We leave here in ten." Yeosang headed towards the door until he was stopped by one more word from his superior, "And you made sure to bring an extra one in case Felix breaks out, right?" San asked in the most quiet and monotone voice. Assuming he'd only done so to prevent anyone from intervening in their conversation.

"Yes, It's lying down there on the counter. If something happens, jab it into his neck, and he'll be knocked out." And with that, San nodded.

"Perfect." He whispered.

|  |  |

"Stop treating me like a fucking child, Hyunjin! You have absolutely no right to intervene in this!" Felix screamed as he watched Hyunjin ignoring how loud he was being. Unbothered he continued to pack his things. Hyunjin huffed, a bearing he gave as he turned around to finally face Felix. A childish laugh escaped his lips, full of aggravation and indignation.

"You're full of fucking shit. Maybe, try not acting like a child who can't bear to be away from something that everyone else is doing, to join in on something while turning a blind eye to your goddamn common sense! Huh?! Ever thought of that? Or are you seriously—"

Outside of their shared doomed room, were the remainder of the stray kids members; stalking the two inside who would not shut up about their very known debate. "This is not a goddamn debate but you're making it seem like it is, and for what reason! You are the one who held a knife at my throat at our first greeting and now you're giving me a life lesson and calling me an immature child for wanting to help our situation?!" The blonde's hair started rising so fast that if they were to come across any sort of electricity, he mentally yet physically shocked himself.

After finishing the final preparations, and zipping up his bag. Hyunjin turned towards Felix and sang the words he'd hoped would fit into his tiny little head. "You almost got yourself killed on the battlefield after you swore you could help and almost left me to die after you lost consciousness." He took minor steps in front of Felix until they had been facing one another. Huffing zero breaths between his words to irritate Felix the longer he spoke. "You have zero combat fighting experience unless you are throwing someone against the wall in your Calos form." His face was so close to Felix's that his anger became seen through his eyes. "And you decided to stick within your apartment walls since this occurred, and had not come across one of those beings until you first met me and Jeongin!"

Having nothing to respond to that, Felix stayed silent. "You can't say anything to that because you know it's true—" "You're such an ass."

That was the last thing, Hyunjin expected to hear from the younger. His eyes widened; watching as Felix scoffed before walking away and aiming to give a dramatic effect with a dramatic exit from the conversation. But with that, Hyunjin stared frozen and stuck in place, but his eyes traveled through and through while the younger was making his departure.

And before he even realized it, Felix was gone. And yet, he was still frozen in shock.

To shake him out of his daze, pure laughter and clapping erupted from behind the door that was caused by 5 individuals. All gave faces that uttered the pure humor they had just previously witnessed from the situation. "Holy shit. Hyune, you just got told off by a simple remark! How are you feeling" Jeongin joked, tempting while testing the waters of his brother's rage currently. Doing his best to avoid showcasing the biggest and most egotistical smile in a sad attempt to not make him more angry.