Chapter 17

Silent cries and comforting warmth filled the ateez home base while everyone stood their distance from one another. Not daring to be inch near each other after what occurred close to an hour ago.

Wooyoung had grown out of his comfort space and forbid anyone from entering his danger zone, mainly San. And precisely as that, San understood, though it tore himself apart into two.

However, Hyunjin and Felix were the opposite and stood next to one another like they were magnets.
"Do you think wooyoung will be ok?" Felix asked worriedly in the bedroom he and Hyunjin shared.

San was strict about keeping Felix to himself alone in his own room but Hyunjin strongly urged himself to volunteer to be in the room with Felix, his excuse being to make sure he wouldn't go out of control and saying he was the best person to do it.

which technically, wasn't un-true.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, he just has to recover from that." And with Felix twisted a brow to the older who sat on the other bed throwing a ball in the air. "Recover? Recover from what?" He asked.

Hyunjin caught in the ball in his fists mid air then responded, "From a broken heart." Felix caught a breath of air as he let out a silent gasp.

"I talked with wooyoung for a bit, he seems to have really loved San, and that must've broke his heart seeing him mention someone else that he once loved and bringing up the fact that he loved that girl with a passion." Felix's figure slowly caved in but he bothered to ask, "B- But it was just a ex lover r- right? Why would wooyoung be so upset over tha—"

"Because maybe it was the fact that San said he loved her." Hyunjin said, cutting off Felix's sentence.

Felix took a second to process those words, it didn't seem to make sense to him, but then it did. And it silently tore him when he came to the conclusion, "So you think San never told Wooyoung he loved him?"

"I think it's a possibility that's even bigger then it being a possibility, yes."

"Then... We should go and check up on wooyoung, he must be heartbroken right now Hyunjin—"

"No can do. Your my responsibility and your fucking insane is you think I'm letting you go out there after what happened back ther—"

"Hyunjin!" Hyunjin froze and looked back at Felix who was staring excessively noticeable at his hands and he realized he had been squishing a little too hard onto the toy ball.

"Shit" He cursed before dropping the ball onto the bed that proceeded to roll off. "My bad" He continued, Felix's gaze traveled on, staring at the silver haired with so much curiosity and irritation.

"What's with you?" He asked, startling Hyunjin.

Something happened when they were down there, and that worried Felix of how much Hyunjin had been so giving and protective towards him.

A hour ago

Sans heart had stopped, slowly turning around it only ripped apart even more.

"W- woo... that's not what I mean" San tried to misguide the younger. He knew it probably wouldn't work and it was confirmed when wooyoung started bursting away from the room and down the hallway.

"Woo!" He yelled. San didn't chase after though, he glared back at the boys in the room and dug the gun deeper into Felix's head until Hyunjin intervened.

"Again? AGAIN SAN?! DO YOU FEEL NO SYMPATHY?!" He yelled in the most aggravating tone that made even San freeze but his expression was still numb. "Stop fucking taking your anger out on everyone for what happened in the past! I get your fucking traumatized for what happened because of What Joojin did to Jukyung, BUT FELIX DIDN'T DO SHIT SO LEAVE HIM B—"

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK! It doesn't matter if he was turned, you tried to justify his actions when he MURDERED JUKYUNG! Let him be a calos or someone who went off the rails, you still justified someone's actions over a innocent life." San was furious. Even through Felix's silent cries in the background as he was shaking with a uncontrollable feeling, he was still focusing on the conversation.

Configuring who they were talking about.

"Joojin was innocent, until his life was so disturbingly taken away from him with no regards and mercy! Have you ever thought of the reason they were both stuck outside anyways? Why jukyung's masks was torn off in the first place?!" Hyunjin stepped further, invading Sans personal space but his breath did not hitch, he kept the further eye contact.

The room was tense, no one couldn't take their eyes off of Hyunjin and San. It wasn't entertaining, it was terrifying.

"Hyunjin don—"

"No, he needs to know this, that way he can finally know the truth. And MOVE ON" Hyunjin dabbed a finger into sans chest before speaking up again. He cut off Chan because he was tired, it had been so long since he had seen ateez let alone San and he was tired of keeping this from them knowing he was the only person to witness it.

"Jukyung never died to Joojin, hell, she was never infected, wanna know why? Simply because she only cared about surviving." San blinked unknowingly, confused on where this was going.

"Day zero, when we all encountered our first calos, I was by Jukyung and Joojin when this was all going down, and you were in between seongwha and hongjoong fighting with them." Hyunjin started. Bringing up past events that surely had San growing curious.

"There were so many that you told us to retreat but we couldn't go anywhere knowing we were surrounded. But eventually we were able to find a van on the side and one by one we all caught sight of it and raced towards it." Steps were taken towards San that were made by Hyunjin.

"One by one we all made it to the van but you jukyung and Joojin were still out there, so we both ran out there to find them, and we found—" Sans breath hitched, knowing what was going to be spoken next.

"Him slowly approaching, and seconds... after they were d- dead." Hyunjin stuttered, a clear as day painful memory for him. Hyunjin was in front of San glaring at him with a sense of authority over the older.

Yet he was in the hands of san's anger within seconds. "Speak any further and I won't hesitate, Hwang." He spoke darkly. The effect of the knife to Hyunjins throat not seeming to affect his numb look as he stared back up towards San.

Pathetic

Was all Hyunjin could think, yet cloud himself with blindly.

"San, that's enough." Seonghwa spoke, putting a hand on sans shoulder to calm him down. San scoffed before throwing his hand off, "That's enough? Really, that's what you think about this seonghwa?" His disbelief was obvious when he spoke. Seonghwa gave him a blank look that didn't indicate anything. And that frustrated San.

"You don't think anything about this situation?! Is that what you all believe?!?" He asked scanning around the room to his comrades. They all had the same expression. Pleading for it to stop, and a slight glare to get him to stop.

Maybe it were for him being so blindly distracted by the glares that he was silenced by Hyunjin gripping into his arm and grabbing the knife with his other hand and tossing the knife to the side. "Me and Jeongin went back to the sight when we went out to get supplies, knowing it was the best place to further gather around on. And to our surprise, electricity was barely but still working." Confusion was written all over sans face, and yet he still froze; Thinking the absolute worst.

"And you should know how curious me and my brother are so let this stay in your mind San." He let out gently with a scary softened tone.

"If jukyung was so perfect and precious in your mind," He started, making San gulp nervously.

"Then why would she commit murder?"