Chapter 15

They all simultaneously looked at one another, all heart rates increasing rapidly full of excitement. "T- that was—"

"Choi San." Hyunjin interrupted. Clenching then unclenching his fists. He had a dislike towards the man, but he had to push aside that hatred to focus on something more important.

A continuous rapid sound occurred outside that caused the 5 young adults to halt. Processing what they just heard before widening their eyes in full realization.

Gunshots.

"We're saved!" Sana exclaimed proudly, trampling around the room in a childish manner of pure excitement.

"Jeongin, call the rest of the boys in. And everyone says goodbye 'cause we're not coming back."
-

-
As Sana and jeongin rushed around the medic room in preparation of gathering the last and final materials they needed. Chan went out and gathered the rest of the boys, leaving Hyunjin and Felix on the lookout for anything else before they departed.

Ateez was still outside, sounded as if they were trying to give the boys time to get out of their old home.

But as Felix and Hyunjin lay there in the room, Felix kept stealing glares down below to his and hyunjins surprised entangled hands. Felix secretly tried to let go but Hyunjin only grasped onto his hand firmer.

At this point, "Hyunjin." He spoke, causing the said male to glance over his shoulder to peek at the blonde. He hummed in response, indicating he was indeed listening. "Why are you holding onto me like this?" He asked but with a worried tone.

Hyunjin didn't answer. Felix only received a small shrug. Annoying him, he only pried further into it. "Hyunjin, what's wrong, tell me." He coarsely demanded softly. Slowly shaking his shoulder on the side.

He didn't reply to that either. "Hyunjin!" He yelled, however gaining the attention of both Jeongin and Sana. They both paused midway through their activity to stare at the two with looks of confusion written on their face.

"Why can't I?" Felix blinked, hyunjins tone slightly spooked him with how harsh it sounded. "Well I have a right to know, don't I?—" He was cut off.

"Oh just like I had the right to know that you could've almost died any second we were out there?" He defended with a harsh callback. Felix stood back for a second before recollecting himself but refusing eye contact with the older.

"Oh what, you want to ignore me now? Look lix, I'm trying to understand your intentions. But I just can't- you could've died out there and- and—"

"Why do you care so much Hyunjin? I'm just a blonde-haired boy you met two days ago." He deadpanned. His face was only mere inches close away from his. Their lips practically ghosted each other.

He let out a cocky scoff staring down at the younger boy, "Can't one be worried for their dear friends?" He cocked. Yanking his hold out of Felix's hand and throwing it aside.

Felix started rubbing his wrist gently to seize the pain from the strength of the boy's hand. Rolling his eyes in the process. 'Someone can become worrisome like that over a friend?' He thought.

"What the hell is taking them so long," Jeongin spoke up, gathering the attention of the hyunlix duo. Sana sighed, "They've been gone for a while and we're done preparing."

Hyunjin unknowingly searched around the room for a certain device. Finally finding it, he raced over to the counter to pick it up before speaking. "Chan, Seungmin, Minho, Han, bin! Where the fuck are you?!" He yelled, letting go of the button only to hear static sounds.

No response.

"Guys!" He repeated. Still hear no word. But that is only for a short period until only they hear multiple footsteps engaging towards their destination. Multiple that increased by the second. Hyunjin dropped the device, his heart engaging in a tremendous continuous repeat with the rest inside the room as they fell silent with shock and Terror.

The doors barged open, but thankfully.

It was not what they feared.

The 5 boys abruptly threw themselves in the room before looking back and shutting the door with no hesitation. Their heavy breaths took up the entire sound wave within the room. And seconds prior after they made their escape did a loud bang occur outside of the room?

Bang

Bang

Bang

"There's a breach—" Chan gasped, "In the frown entrance. They managed to—" Chan gasped again, "Break free and get through."

Hyunjin clenched his fists, they must've followed him and Felix towards the front. They didn't make sure to secure the entrance when they went back inside.

"Fucking hell!" A shorter individual yelled before slamming his fists down onto the countertop. "What do we do now?! Ateez is outside and we can't get out there!?" He questioned with a yell.

Searching around his surroundings in the lab, Felix tried to find an escape route that would lead them if not out of the calo's clutches but to preferable safety.
Nothing came across, but a small window on the side. And Felix only contemplated whether that will be able to fit them all.

"Jeongin"

The small boy turned to face Felix, "What is it?" He asked, wondering what Felix could've needed him for.

Felix pointed upward and towards the small window then asked, "Could that possibly work? Would it even be a guarantee that all of us could fit?" He asked. Jeongin then contemplated as well before scanning the room to stare at the boys and Sana. Wondering if it was possible.

"Yes... I believe we can, but only one person at a time and we need to be lifted there for it to work." Nods were all given to the boy but one spoke up, "If we need someone to lift us all then who is gonna lift the last person?"

It fell silent.

They didn't think about that.

"Shit." They all groaned in annoyance, feeling as if their Plan B was also ruined.

"I'll do it."

That's when all eyes were now on chan as he voluntarily offered himself a secured place in deaths chamber. But as mouths were agape, a single beep was heard in the midst of it all.

But none of them could hear it as they screamed and yelled at their leader to convince him otherwise.