Chapter 20

They ask you...

Would you save the world?

Or just the one?

What would you do?

If the days were worth more than what meets the eye, then certainly they would be doing somewhat better than the state they were currently in. Which was, instead of playing in the outdoors and engaging in the flowing breeze of the wind and laying in the grass as they admired the beautiful sky. They lay in their beds which took place in an isolated room with nothing to see or enjoy, rotting away with no sort of entertainment to keep the two boys busy.

Wasn't too long until that time was up and creaks and beeps of a door code being placed before the door opened to that dark vacated spot. Turning the heads of Hwang Hyunjin and Lee Felix to see what had drastically disturbed their silence as so.

"Hyunjin, come out, San wants to speak with you." Both hearts raced at that but in the opposite occurrence and feelings. One feeling anxious and scared, the other feeling hated and torn apart.

Felix looked over to Hyunjin with a worried expression, "No" he refused bluntly. He turned towards Seonghwa "I go if he goes, no negotiations." The man upfront sighed at the rejection, expecting it as all but didn't expect the sudden offer.

"Hyunjin you know I can't—" "Hwa just let them" Spoke a man creeping around the corner. A softened but desperate tone was heard from the said man.

Seonghwa sighed, "Fine, you come with." Felix stuttered upon his words but before he was able to refuse the offer, a hand grabbed onto him, and the next thing he knew; he had been taken out of isolation.

His hands were cold.

Hyunjin thought as he subconsciously let his feet carry him behind the steps of the two individuals in the front. His attention was fully focused on the boy next to him.

Judging by the looks of it, Felix was probably scared out of his mind about the whole situation. He still wasn't infatuated with stray kids, more than he had been with Ateez. And to say, it was a very vague approach to how they met in the first place so Hyunjin wasn't even too sure about the fact that Felix would run off any chance he gets.

But for some reason, that simple thought of the younger doing such a thing made him feel odd about it. Made him feel... sad? Who wonders why he did, but he had a feeling that it was because of that unspoken individual Hyunjin refused to utter a word about.

Or perhaps it was because he had seriously or somewhat grown attached to the little occurrence and he didn't want to see him go just yet. But alas, not everything had a solution just right then and there.

And Hyunjin had grown to become one of the most patient people he'd ever met. And that was an understatement considering he was referring to himself.

Time had passed and it felt like ages for Hyunjin. Not even knowing they were at their final destination because of how lost he was in his thoughts. "San wants to talk to you." Not expecting it but was slightly... Hyunjin sighed a loud and proceeded to head into the room until he was firmly stopped by Felix who looked overly uneasy with being left alone with two people he didn't know.