PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

1001

HE AWAKES WITH A GASP FOR AIR. His dark brown eyes open as he takes in his surroundings, he remembered the place he was in, no one could see nor hear him, he remembers his death at the hands of the beasts, the ones he and his brother Niklaus grew curious of, he remembers his brother fascination with them. 

He looks around him realizing he is in unfamiliar a cottege, his breathing picks up as he tries to grasp his situation. He hears someone hushing trying to calm him down, his eyes meet the emerald green eyes of a woman with blonde hair styled in a braid. 

"It's alright, It's alright, Henrik." She soothes him, he shakes his head never seeing this woman before in his life.  "How do you know my name?" He asks. 

"It was I who helped to bring you back, My name is Freya." The woman, Freya, informs the young boy, his brow furrowed at the name, he had heard the name before only by his father, he spoke of a sister who died of the plague, he said her name once. 

"Freya." He whispers, she gives him a warm smile, he looks down realizing he only had a blanket covering him when he is in fact nude. He looks away flustered.  "You don't perhaps have clothes do you?" She realizes, she gets up grabbing a white shirt and a belt, and brown pants.  

"She never thought you were gonna wake up," Freya says turning around as the young boy slipped on the clothes given to him, he raises a brow confused. 

"Who?" Before she can answer an older woman with dark brown hair that went to her chest wearing a purple dress enters the cottage, she smirks seeing the young boy standing up. 

"They said it couldn't be done, Hello my child." The older woman greets him, he looks between the two women, equally confused about how he was alive again. 

"Forgive me, who are you?" He questions, the woman chuckles lowly. "Your mother never told of me." 

"Where is my mother, my brothers, my sister, where is my family?" The boy wonders stepping forward. She looks between the blonde and the younger boy. He looks fearful at the silence. 

"Is...Is my family dead?" Henriks voice stammers. "Your mother she grew desperate and found a way to save her other children, she turned your brothers and sister into beasts." The older woman informs him, he listens. 

"Your Father, he killed your, mother, in a fit of rage." He gasps as tears flood his dark brown eyes, he gasps, he steps back shaking his head denying the new information. "You lie!, my father loved my mother." 

"Your father is a shell of a man now, it's alright now you are safe with me." She reassures him, she tries to grab the young boy only for him to continue backing away from her. 

"How do you know this, who are you?" He demands from the women, she smirks. 

"I am your Aunt Dahlia, and you my sweet boy." The woman, Dahlia grazes his cheek with her finger. 

"You are the last of your family and will be the one to help continue the bloodline of a powerful coven," Dahlia informs, He meets her cold eyes, she makes him face her.  "Welcome home, Henrik." 

                                                                                               ₶₶₶

1009

The two siblings stood next to one another as they watched their aunt prepare a spell, one intended to make them a form of immortal, Henrik, now twenty-two and grown into his abilities with the help of of his aunt and older sister. 

He had grown into his look, his hair was now long and had dark, hes very handsome for his age, with a fit build. one he maintained. He resembled his older brother Elijah almost, with the same dark brown eyes.  Dahlias eyes roll into the back of her head for a moment. 

"Take my hand." Dahlia says sticking out her hands for the witches to take. Henrik looks to his sister freya with look of uncertainty, she shakes her head. "No." 

"This is not right, you have already taken everything from the both of us, dont you have enough, we refuse to follow you into this madness." Freya speaks for the both of them, Henrik steps forward 

"Please dont make us bare this curse." Henrik begs of her, she smirks. " Dont be stupid, Im offering you enternal life." Dahlia sneers. 

"We will sleep for a century, and wake with a power unlike any that's ever been seen it's what we wanted." Dahlia reminds both of them, Henrik shakes his head no. 

"No! That is what you wanted; it's always been for your benefit not ours." Henrik states. Freya grips her youngest brother's hand. 

"Please do not bind us with this curse." Freya pleads her eyes filled with tears as she looked at the women in front of her desperate. For a moment dahlia drops her hands looking at her niece and nephew. 

"Ungrateful children." She exclaims she takes their hands locking them in place.  "You both will thank me for this in one century or the next.'' She proclaims before chanting, her eyes rolling into the back of her head.