Resurgence

Resurgence

"SHOULD have brought gloves." Henrik grumbles dusting his hands off shoveling herbs into a mason jar, he stands up putting a lid over the jar sealing its contents off from the air, he stands up walking through the trees of the New Orleans, Bayou, the full moon illuminating his pathway as he make it through the trees and through to a small encampments filled with abandoned tents and caravans, all but a cabin lit with a single lantern along a string of lights. 
He see's his brother standing with his jacket draped over his shoulder turning to face his youngest sibling. 

"These truly are full of mysteries..by that I mean mulch." He remarks holding up his dirty palms to his brother, who looked at him unamused, Henrik chuckles at his own joke despite Elijah indifference. 

"Did you gather what you need?" Elijah asks him, Henrik clears his throat before stepping down walking over to a table which laid two more jars of herbs, he steps in front of it placing down the green herbs onto the table. 

"Yes..combining these herbs should..hopefully revoke the curse placed on Hayley and her pack thus reliving her of our brothers punishment on her." Henrik explains to the noble man. 

"Are you certain this will work?" Elijah asks standing next to him, Henrik licks his lips uncertain of how to answer. 

"Henrik?" Elijah asks, he clears his throat. "In retrospect possibly." 

"I can not take promise on the word possibly, will it or will it not work?" Elijah demands again, Henrik scoffs turning around to look at him. 

"I don't know! The curse is complex and can only be undone by the one who placed it on her, seeing as the one who did, may she rest in hell, is no longer with us I have no clue Elijah." He fumes earning a exhale from him, he looks to the moon seeing its phase becoming closer to its full state. 

"If you don't mind I would like to make this before the front doors of my apartment building are locked." He tells him, Elijah nods, he opens one of the jars dumping the contents into a small bowl, sprinkling in herbs. 

"You do know that you can always stay in the compound, surely Niklaus is not sort of any rooms." Elijah tells him, he shrugs his shoulders. 

"I like my freedom." Henrik bluntly tells, he opens the jar filled with greens leaves, dipping them into water, his hands hover over the ingredients. He closes his eyes as he begins to chant feeling a chill raises up and down his arms as he concentrates on the spell. 

"Misce et levare lunam,Misce et levare lunam." The bowl starts to spin mixing it together turning it into a dark green mix, it stops spinning once he stops chanting, he smirks before turning around looking at his brother. 

"This should."He looks up at him uneasy for a moment before sighing. "Give it to her it should reverse the curse." 

"Thank you for doing this Henrik." He says to his brother, he gives a nice smile he looks down at the black graco stroller which held a sleeping two year old, Hope Mikaelson, him and Freya but had taken turns over the last five month watching over their niece  with the help of Klaus, he had grown to love the littlest edition to their family.