Eye of the sea - t.s.h

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Off to the races

Lana Del Ray

The breezy wind felt cold and icy on her skin

The breezy wind felt cold and icy on her skin. The hustle and bustle on the ship filled her ears, the sounds of screaming men and shifting canons to prepare for attack and the over powering voice of her father commanding everyone around the large ship being a significant hinderance to a delicately warm and sunny day.

Y/n stood at the side, pulling on the ship and balancing the large mass of structure on sea whilst the others ran around on the wooden docks, sounds of their striding pushing into the wood coupled with the constant swooshing of the mast. Some had climbed up to the tower of the ship with loaded guns, ready to shoot at the nearby ship. She belonged to a family of pirates, rather ruthless pirates if you ask her. She was the youngest daughter out of all her seven brothers, all solely raised by their father after their mother was killed during an attack. Her way of life since the very beginning was to fire on rich merchant boats, and use their food and riches to supply a living.

Though she was always at the back of this boring way of life, her father never took her seriously and she had to hide back whenever an attack took place. She had made it a habit to read the books her mother had left her, books about romance and fantasy, at times her father found her pieces of jewellery from his raids which made her bubbly cheeks brighten. She was beautiful, that seemed to be the only thing her father really appreciated about her.

"Y/N! THE CAVE! NOW!" Her father beckoned at her on his stern voice as the merchant ship came closer and closer and near enough for them to attack. Y/n quickly rushed into the little room at the edge of the ship and descended down the stairs underneath that room. She covered herself in a warm wollen blanket and pressed it's frayed tassels towards her chest. Soon after she heard sounds of yelling men and shooting guns, sounds of firing canons and slashing swords. Soon, it was all over.

The ceiling above her shook and ticked as everyone jumped back inside the ship and she heard the door of the room above her open. She focused hard on the sounds, she heard her father's unmistakable voice, so harsh, so merciless. She could hear the agitating voice of her oldest brother and then a loud thud. It seemed as though they had captivated someone and thrown him or her head first onto the wooden ship floor.

The ceiling shook once again and Y/n's breathing quickened.

"Tell us where your bounty is!" Her father said to the captive, and underneath Y/n listened intently at the muffled voices.

"I told you. I don't know." The captive struggled, as if they were in pain. It seemed to her that it was a man, the deep voice and the irritating manly grunts, definitely a man. She imagined he had been kicked in the nuts, that always seemed to be her father's favourite part of attack.