Chrismas lights - t.s.h

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

All I want for Christmas is you

Mariah Carey

Very quick new years slash Christmas one shot I forgot to write lol

Cold breeze coming from the window sill just 3 meters open, the dim light soothing upon her closed eyes and the smell of cinnamon circling the room.

Y/n sat on her wooden living room floor, on a small yoga mat breathing in and out. She liked to mediate when something big was coming up, but in this case that something big was Christmas. Her living room had a massive tree in the corner with a bright star on top, colourful lights were decorated around it which added a splash of life in her simple minimalistic apartment.

Suddenly the phone began to ring, the chime of bells echoed throughout the room since Y/n changed the sound to fit the Christmas time. She groaned and got up from her mat and picked up the phone. Her face lit up as she saw that it was Tom who was calling her. The two of them had been dating for over four years now and if she was honest, she couldn't imagine a life without him.

"Hello beautiful." He murmured sweetly.

"Hi." She chuckled at the remark and felt her cheeks heat up.

"I'm downstairs." He told her and Y/n quickly looked down her window only to see him looking up at her with a phone in his hand. The snow was falling on his curly hair, his brown patterned scarf was smugly wrapped around his neck complimenting the brown coat on his shoulders.

Y/n could see the glimmer in his eyes just from a distance and her heart melted when she saw him.

"I'll be there in a sec." She told him and saw as he shyly looked down at the ground.

"Come quickly, I have a surprise for you."

With that Y/n closed the call and blew Tom a kiss. She ran around the house searching for her warm coat and boots along with a scarf for the snow.

She raced down her apartment building and ran towards Tom who was staring out into the street. She hugged him from behind and his face instantly lit up, he hugged her tightly and lifted Y/n up, he placed a kiss on her forehead and then her lips.

"I missed you so much." He said putting a winter cap that had been resting in his pocket on her head.

"We met yesterday." She laughed and fixed the beanie in place. "What's the surprise?"

"Well." Tom took her hand and walked them over to the corner where he had landed his white Vespa, he shook off the snow and took out a bag hanging from it's handle. "This."

He gave the bag to Y/n and her eyes widened in delight.

"You didn't." She exclaimed and excitedly took out the two pairs of ice skates. One pair was green, her favourite colour while the other was blue. "I love it."

"Come on there's a rink near by." Tom kissed her cheek and the two of them walked in the heavy snow across the street. The Vespa was clearly not in business considering the excessive snow, but both of them always enjoyed walking together instead.

They reached the ice skating rink decorated with Christmas lights and crowded with hundreds of people.

Tom helped Y/n onto the icy cold surface as she slipped and slid across the rink. He held her hand and waist to support her while she dragged her feet across the frozen area. Tom attempted to spin her around but the two miserable failed seeing as Y/n nearly toppled over a large lady behind her.

Everyone moved in a circle around the corners of the rink while others watched with hot coffee in their hands. It was the perfect thing to do on Christmas night, skating with the one you love.

The lights twinkled blue red yellow green and the snow flakes landed on their noses. The romantic atmosphere of couples placing kisses on each other's cold noses to make them warm and those who held hands tightly made the moment so much more special.

Tom and Y/n spotted an old couple, most likely over maybe even eighty who skated in the middle of the rink. They held hands with their warm, cozy sweaters wrapped around them as they smiled merrily in the Christmas spirit.

"Hey I have something to tell you." Tom mumbled as he pulled Y/n to the middle of the rink, she struggled to balance herself but Tom held onto her.

"Can you tell me on the side I really can't handle this in the middle of the rink."

Tom smiled and gulped. He tightly held her hands and allowed her to at least stand still. He got down on one knee and left her hands, Y/n went completely still with her feet nor slipping or sliding. Tom took out a diamond ring from his pocket and she could see that there were tears pooling under his eyes.

"Y/n, I tell you every day how much you mean to me." Her hands flew to her mouth and people began crowding around them, gasping and whispering in excitement.

The whole moment went still, no one moved, everyone watched Tom spoke.

"I don't think I can stress it enough, but I love you Y/n Y/l/n, and I know I always will. Every Christmas till we're old and rusty, every day until we can't hear anyone but each other."

There were small awe's coming from the people and Y/n couldn't help but let the tear in her eye roll down her freezing cheeks.

"Will you marry me?" He finally asked and Y/n gulped.

"Yes." She nodded without hesitation, and so strong was her nod that she lost all balance and fell on top of Tom on the skating rink. The two landed on the cold ice laughing their hearts out as Tom placed the ring on her finger as she chuckled with her face on his stomach.

He held her cheeks and smiled, they kissed each other's lips making the moment magical.

There they were, engaged, on a Christmas night, under the winter stars.