Intervention and Planning

Vegeta knew things might not go as well as they are now. Somewhere down the line, something will go wrong. Still, it isn't like there's something that can't be done. Going on ahead and killing Broly seemed like an option worth investing in, but it wouldn't solve all their issues. He had no doubt the gods would get involved somehow. If—

"Vegeta."

Vegeta stopped himself, the voice startling him but he recognizes it. It's playful pitch could almost distract you from its serious undertone. Sometimes the Prince wishes he was wrong, and most certainly he wished that time were now.

"Vegeta, can you hear me?"

Whis, dammit! They didn't have much of a chance to fix anything at all. He should've known out of all the gods they knew, Whis would be the first to contact them. It was no way he wasn't going to do something about it immediately.

The angel was in the middle of re-asking his earlier question before Vegeta interrupts him.

"Yes, I can hear you, Whis."

"Then you know why I'm calling, correct?"

"We're fixing it."

"It's far too late for that now. Things are already in motion." Vegeta freezes at that, not wanting to know what he means by that. But then, he can't help from question it. "You boys really screwed up this time."

"What are you talking about?" Vegeta is known for his temper. He can't stop himself from lashing out like this. Whis is being too vague and it bothers him.

"The Grand Priest has called forth all Gods of Destruction and us attending Angels for a meeting. You can assume that it means things are dire. They know what happened, perhaps they are trying to see why."

Hearing that name makes him gulp. Vegeta isn't scared of death, but that man—thing can do so much worse than that. It wasn't himself he was worried about. It was all the others he could hurt all at once.

Both hands tighten into fists. So tight that his whole arms are shaking. He's frustrated, knowing that this can possibly be the last time he'll see most of the people he's come to know, and he can't do a damn thing.

"Is there time? Any at all?" He hoped he sounded less desperate than he was.

If he doesn't, Whis failed to mention it. "Perhaps, but we'll have to pin this on someone. If it's a known villain, then you shouldn't have a problem with blaming them for your actions, correct?"

Confusion spreaded through him like wildfire. He thought about what was just said to him, repeated it back to himself because he still doesn't understand, then glared at the sky he's floating in.

"What?" Is just about all he can say.

"The Grand Priest knows this event was caused by mortals, but I'm sure they don't know from what Universe, nor who exactly is responsible for the deed. The only way to save yourselves would be to blame someone else for your deeds. With evidence, of course."

Maybe, in another universe, he would've agreed with this immediately to save his skin. But the thought repulsed him. It wasn't even the fact that he would be selling someone else out that was so bad. It was the fact that he was crawling away and hiding from the scrutiny of the gods. Plain and simple it was disgusting. His pride as a Saiyan had been questioned time and time again, but this time it felt worse. Just what was he going to do?

Whis seemed to sense his internal dilemma, and didn't seem to press him any further. Thankfully. He felt like the smallest thing would make him snap.

"I'll leave the decision up to you, but I would like to hear back in less than a week, Vegeta. I will do my part in help you with any information I can gather, but you best hurry."

The connection cut off after that, leaving him alone. At least for a few seconds. As the weight of what he has to do began to sink in, Raditz finally had caught up to him. He was panting and out of breath, no doubt from trying to keep up with his grueling pace. Vegeta forced in a heavy breath so that he could concentrate. He couldn't panic. They had time. The gods didn't know why this occurred. They could fix this.

In the distance, he could see Korin's Tower. Screw the Senzu Beans, he needed to talk with the previous Guardian of the Earth. He didn't remember exactly what he had been told but if he remembered correctly then there used to be someone before Dende that acted as the Earth's guardian.

Ki began flowing through him wildly as the aura of his legendary form oozed dangerously. Growing more powerful after every second. He shot off now aiming for the Lookout. There was more to be done now that he had this information. He would need the Dragon Balls.

Vegeta never realized the small, full mechanized insect watching and following him as it silently collected data for someone far, far away.

Author's Note: Short chapter, I know. Originally it was going to be about 3k words but I took everything out to save for the next chapter. Took a while to finally get the ending I want but now that I do I'm going to try and finish this story. I apologize for the year long wait as one of my readers pointed out but I took a break because of the stress of college.

Now that I have a small break and a better job things should run much smoother. Thanks for the support and please check out my other stories or give suggestions on what you want to see.

Yaboyassassin, out!