Chapter 6: Getting an IV

Lu Qi had joined two big departments. Every day, just going to a meeting already took up half his day. Including his tutoring on the weekends and school lessons, he has very limited free time.

Huo Ming Chen sent him a text in the afternoon. No response. He tried calling. No one picked up. He wanted to find Lu Qi, but he couldn't even reach him. It made Huo Ming Chen so mad that the entire day, he wore a frown on his face. Fang Qi and Cheng Tian Yao made sure they kept a distance away from Huo Ming Chen,

"What is this? His face is deathly white."

"Maybe it's his time of the month."

Huo Ming Chen was too lazy to give a damn. In a relationship between two men, it is easy to get injured, especially for the one on the bottom. As much as Lu Qi had cleaned him up yesterday, he still started burning with a low fever.

Those who are sick are more prone to be sentimental and over analyze, especially now that he can't find his partner. He couldn't stop feeling irritated. And when it came to the period for evening self-study, it was not Lu Qi who came to inspect them.

Fang Qi stared at the sickly face of Huo Ming Chen, and remembered that he did not return last night to the dorm. Something snapped in his brain, and he was so shocked that he felt like his soul was leaving his body.

"You two wouldn't have..... no wait... Isn't this too fast???"

Huo Ming Chen moodily tugged on his shirt collar, feeling light headed, and responded back softly,

"What do you mean it's too fast. Just go read your books."

Lu Qi was inspecting the other classroom right next door. He passed by Huo Ming Chen's classroom and slowed down his footsteps. From the clear glass windows, he could see Huo Ming Chen, pale faced with scrunched up eyebrows, lying down on his desk. It did not look like he was sleeping, more like...... he was sick.

The student inspector for Huo Ming Chen's classroom was just standing next to him, wanting but not brave enough to wake Huo Ming Chen.

Lu Qi had seen that face before, so he walked right in and pulled the student inspector to the side and said quietly,

"Today the president (of the department) isn't here. Switch classrooms with me. You go to economics and I'll take care of the finance classroom."

The two of them were a part of the same department, and they have seen each other in passing. Doing a favor for Lu Qi didn't seem like a problem, so after considering it a bit, the student inspector agreed. He patted Lu Qi's shoulder and said,

"Then I'll leave this up to you. Remember to keep them from sleeping or playing on their phones. During the last inspection the department head had said that we can't just let it go."

"Don't worry, I'll be vigilant."

After the other student had left, Lu Qi walked right next to Huo Ming Chen and touched Huo Ming Chen's forehead with the back of his hand to test the temperature. He found that it was burning a little hot, and he wanted to wake up Huo Ming Chen. He did not expect that his eyes would meet with the dark eyes of Huo Ming Chen instead.

Who knew when Huo Ming Chen woke up. Huo Ming Chen expressionlessly stood up and said in an unfriendly tone, as if he was a wounded lion, ready to fight,

"What do you want?"

He looked very hot tempered, and his heart was already boiling with anger. He wanted to beat up the person right in front of him.

Lu Qi looked at him, and calmly described the situation,

"You have a fever."

"What the fuck does it matter to you?"