Chapter 24: Avoiding Danger

Spring has already arrived, but the weather has not been very warm. It has been raining non stop in the capital for many consecutive days now. Looking out the glass window, Lu Yuan stared outside, and when she found that the rain did not have the intention of stopping anytime soon, she furrowed her eyebrows.

Guo Kang has always paid attention to her and seeing this, enthusiastically moved closer to her,

"Didn't bring your umbrella? I drove today. I can drive you home."

Lu Yuan looked back at her documents, shuffling through for the ones she needs to photocopy by this afternoon and politely refused without lifting her head up,

"Thanks, but I brought an umbrella today."

There were always peddlers selling umbrellas when it rains. If nothing else, she could wait until she was off work to buy one or hail a taxi to go back home.

Lu Yuan was always so cold and calm. She could see that Guo Kang had some feelings for her, and although she was much colder than the average person, you can't really find fault in that. It was lunch time and the company has a designated cafeteria. Lu Yuan would usually go there, but when she was close to the elevator, she unintentionally heard some female employees whispering by the stairway corner.

"From the start, it was always said that Huang Yi's construction was to be given to Yue Ke. But now the vice chairman has gone ahead and signed the contract with Fu Hai instead. You didn't see it, but today the chairman's face was as black as the bottom of a pan. Huhuhu, when I went to refill the coffee, my hands were shaking."

"Fu Hai is not as reputable as Yue Ke. They had some workplace fatalities during their previous construction project. The media even covered it for a while, and their stocks were being thrown away in response. The vice chairman is still the chairman's uncle, but that does not mean you can just forgo all the channels to sign the contract away. What if something happens?"

"Who says it won't? A couple of days ago I heard Lian Dong-Ge say that the vice chairman seemed to have secretly bought a board member's stocks, that Mr. Yan's, and at such a high price too. It was this much."

The female employee used her fingers to indicate a number that made her companion giggle and push her lightly,

"Alright you. I know that Chen Lian Dong is chasing you, but you can't just blindly make things up. Where would the vice chairman get that much money to act like such a big fool? He's been away from the Huo family for so many years now, even the stock money couldn't have covered that much."

Chen Lian Dong is Huo Yuan Guang's assistant. Lu Yuan has been at the company for so many days now and could approximate what the hidden factions are. At this time, the company is split into two: one is the liberal side with Huo Ming Cheng at the head, and the other the conservative side with the leader as Huo Yuan Guang.

Huo Ming Cheng's way of management is aggressive and has no tolerance for complacency. By issuing layoff notices to the positions he deemed useless, the profits and benefits of some of the older board members would have absolutely been affected, in essence crossing their bottom line. Huo Yuan Guang was used to playing the good guy, and with his façade, he has been secretly pulling those disgruntled by Huo Ming Cheng's new way of management over to his side, and who knows what he is scheming.

Lu Yuan did not miss a single word as she relayed the information to Lu Qi. At the same time, she felt that there were too many complicated matters in a wealthy family.

With the employees under him gossiping, how could Huo Ming Cheng not have heard? But Huo Yuan Guang, that old fox, is indeed too cunning and won't let anyone catch his tail. If there were any issues that came up from being partnered with Fu Hai, not only would there be damage to the Huo name, but he, as the chairman, won't be able to escape the blame either.