Chapter 96: You Once Were, The Only One I Could Depend On

When Xun Chuan was alive, he had never known that Yan Yu could catch ghosts. This man seemed to only be living in his dreams, getting drunk on alcohol everyday. Getting into fights, drinking even more, smoking; whatever hooligans and troublemakers were considered to do, he would do. Even whatever they didn't do, he would do.

A lot of people thought that Xun Chuan was blind, as what could Yan Yu have that would make him fall in love.

What was there to him that was likeable......

There was some faint rustling by the door, and Xun Chuan looked over to find that Yan Yu had put on an outer jacket and was currently tying his shoes, looking as if he was about to leave.

With a blank face, Xun Chuan blew out a breath of air, and the shoelace that was just tied unknotted itself. Yan Yu looked up and gave him a look, before bending down at the waist to retie it again. He did not get angry or mad, a show of attitude better than could be believed. Xun Chuan floated over, plastering on a smile as he said,

"This is so unlike you."

Yan Yu asked back,

"Then what is like me?"

His ring finger and middle finger came together and suddenly reached up to hold Xun Chuan's spirit body still. With a flick, the upper half of the buttons on Xun Chuan's shirt split open, revealing overly pale white skin. Paired with the black of his clothes, it made him quite a freakish beauty.

Xun Chuan looked at him coldly, and the shirt silently reverted back to its original state.

In a stance that depicted his perverted state of mind, Yan Yu lit up a cigarette and stared at him,

"This like me now?"

Xun Chuan ignored everything that just happened and instead said,

"What are you heading out for?"

Yan Yu hefted a backpack on his back and closed the door,

"Prostituting myself."

Xun Chuan's body floated through the door, following along, as he knew Yan Yu was going to finish up Su Yu's request.

Villages and towns in the countryside were still entrenched in the traditional mindset of a patriarchal society where men were more important and better than women. Su Yu's family had a younger son, and so since she was young, she had never been treated well.

When the police came to inform the family and ask them to claim her body, the reason for her death was hard to cover up. Su Yu's father thought his face was gone and didn't even want to grab her last belongings, directly leaving by himself and going home without even caring about Su Yu's mother.

The train station was by the footbridge where Yan Yu normally set up his stall. He originally was just going to "casually casually" take a look, and if nothing else, he was just going to mail the money back to their village. He didn't really expect to have found Su Yu's mother.

It had been getting warmer lately, and since it was currently noon, the sun was shining at its brightest. By the train station entrance was a field of farmers and villagers who were sitting in the shade to retreat from the heat. In the midst of them, Su Yu's mother was sitting in a very isolated corner, wearing that jammed packed backpack behind her and nibbling on two steamed buns in her hands.

Walking under the sunlight, Xun Chuan's body appeared to be fading in and out. He seemed to be in a lot of pain, and it even looked like faint smoke was emitting from him. He furrowed his eyebrows tightly as he raised his hands to block the sun shining on his face.