Chapter 101: Originally was Yours

Xun Chuan had too many things to ask Yan Yu, but when it came to opening his lips, he couldn't get anything out of his mouth. His throat felt like it had been stuffed with cotton, stuffing all the bitter, the sour, the sweet, and even the spicy down, making even the wound on his throat throb.

Xun Chuan looked up at the ceiling and said,

"Yan Yu......"

Yan Yu: "Hmm?"

Xun Chuan: "If, and I'm saying if, if you knew that I would die that night, would you have gone to X City?"

It was suffocating, but Xun Chuan was oddly quiet. When Xun Chuan's words first registered, Yan Yu's breath stuttered. His grip on the remote tightened, so much so that veins were popping out, but in the end he only casually hummed out an acknowledgement,

"Mhmm......"

Xun Chuan asked again to confirm,

"You would have gone right?"

Yan Yu still gave that casually dismissive tone,

"Mhmm."

Xun Chuan paused and then slowly nodded his head,

"Ok......"

It was only one word, but Xun Chuan seemed to have received the answer he wanted the most, leaving everything else as not important anymore. He didn't ask any more questions, only rustling around to flip his body and turning his back to face Yan Yu. He hid under the sheets, being so quiet it was as if he was asleep.

Ghosts do not breathe and could not produce any tears. But Xun Chuan suddenly felt his throat closing, as if he couldn't breathe and his heart was being stuffed and stuffed. The back of his throat felt acidic, and he tightly grabbed onto his throat, desperately trying to push down this feeling that was worse than death.

Seeing Xun Chuan quiet as if he was sleeping, Yan Yu turned off the TV and the lights before lying down right beside him. Out of habit, he snuggled closer to Xun Chuan, but the moment he got close, he realized that the other was too tightly wound up. Following up the line of his body, he found Xun Chuan's hands tightly grasping onto his neck.

Yan Yu slightly rose up, forcing Xun Chuan to face him. Even if he couldn't see anything in the dark at this time of night, he could still feel the slight tremors and shivers coming from Xun Chuan.

Yan Yu's face turned a bit serious,

"What's wrong?"

He had felt that ever since Xun Chuan came back from the fourth floor, he had been acting strange. He was starting to suspect whether Su Qing had cast a curse or whatnot.

Xun Chuan closed his eyes and shook his head, but he did not speak a word.

Yan Yu furrowed his eyebrows and forcefully pulled his hand down. Only then did he find out that Xun Chuan had been covering the injury on his throat, and Yan Yu unconsciously released him. He was a bit dazed as he looked at it and then he asked,

"Does it still hurt?"

Xun Chuan buried his head under the pillows. After a long while, a faint "Mhmm" could be heard.

Yan Yu didn't know what to do. He had never been in this kind of situation before, and he had never heard of a case where an injury sustained before death could still hurt as a ghost. After sitting in silence for a bit, he lied back down.

Face to face with Xun Chuan, he wrapped him into his embrace. In a rare sight, with his arms around Xun Chuan, he comforted him,

"Don't worry. It doesn't hurt."