Chapter 81: Saving the Day

Just as the group of them were discussing the issue, a crew member suddenly brought them news on Wu Ge – she had sustained a meniscus tear, and it would be fairly impossible to heal from such an injury within such a short time frame. This meant that she could only temporarily retreat from the program filming, and if it did not look good for the future, she most likely would have to bid farewell to the stage.

As dancers, their bodies were their means of work. What a meniscus tear injury meant, everyone knew. And so the moment they heard that, the atmosphere immediately plunged into silence. They pitied Wu Ge, but they were also pitying Zhang Deng Ting.

Tong Lao-shi just lost two of her top contestants, and she couldn't help but sigh deeply and close her eyes, rubbing her forehead with force.

Zhang Duo, however, was gleeful at this turnout and looked around, seemingly looking as if he was planning something. He suddenly and coldly said to the PD,

"We can actually use an outsider for help. I remember last season, Zhang Bei Ni partnered with Tao Yuan for a dance program?"

Zhang Bei Ni was last season's special panel judge and Tao Yuan was one of the skilled contestants who the audience favoured. But then it turned out that his partner had plagiarized a well known dancer for his preliminary round and was thus disqualified. Zhang Bei Ni saved the show by creating a program with Tao Yuan and in the end, both of them took second place together. Even now, their win was still being discussed by the netizens with awe.

Zhang Duo finally said what he had planned,

"I think Chen Yi should go up and dance."

Chen Yi raised his eyebrows,

"Dance what? Zumba or aerobics?"1

Zhang Duo: "......"

The PD naturally knew that he could ask for help from outside the contestant pool, and their special judge position was prepared for such a situation. Hence, all the celebrities they invited besides being high in popularity were individuals who could dance too. But the biggest problem was that......

Chen Yi, he can't dance!!!!!!

The PD was already regretting his decision in agreeing to change the celebrity on the request of GE. Now look. They didn't even leech off any of his fame and instead spilled the glass of milk they had on the table!

The regret on the director's face was so obvious that anyone could have understood upon seeing it. Zhang Duo's mood was so immensely improved that he started shaking the leg that was resting on his knee.

He mockingly looked at Chen Yi but Chen Yi only yawned in boredom and turned his head away. Yet the moment he did so, the expectant and hopeful eyes of Zhang Deng Ting met up with his.

Like a flickering flame in the dark night sky, it was so weak and feeble that a tiny breeze could stamp it out.

The prime period for a dancer was too short. At forty to fifty years of age, Tong Lao-shi and Ying Zi Lao-shi already had to retire from the stage. They had worked their bodies hard since their youth and since then damaged their bodies harshly, and the moment their age caught up, a bunch of health issues came up as well. When Ying Zi Lao-shi leaves his house, he must use a cane, and when it's gloomy and rainy, he does not even dare to head out.

Sometimes life was filled with melodramatic elements. Originally Deng Zhang Ting had a bright future and seemed to be bursting with success after she worked so hard in her dance group. Yet then she sustained an injury and had to drop out. Now when she wanted to come back to the stage, no one remembered her. And so she was forced to join such a program and now look at what happened.