Chapter 26: Waking Up

Huo Yuan Guang thought that he hid himself pretty well, but he did not know that Huo Ming Cheng already knew about everything. From the money he funneled away from the company funds, to buying stocks from the other board members, to buying off Zhang Zhi Qiang and his wife. And now all Huo Ming Cheng needed to do was wait. The longer he waits, the more frantic Huo Yuan Guang would become and the more evidence would be exposed.

Huo Ming Chen has been ordered to stay at the family home and had no way to meet up with Lu Qi. The two of them could only video call in their rooms, which was still better than nothing, even if they can't physically touch.

Lu Qi's face was really easy on the camera. Because his features were fairly symmetrical, no matter from which angle you look at him, you can't find a problem. Truly, a token to the legend of the 360 degree camera face. He walked out of the bathroom with his hair still wet from taking a shower. When he appeared on the screen, Huo Ming Chen could not deny that he was dazed by how handsome Lu Qi was.

He leaned back and happily enjoyed the view of Lu Qi's face and body, his eyes carrying a possessiveness as if looking at something he owned,

"Your family genetics are not too shabby. Do you take after your mother?"

"Lu Yuan is like my mom, I'm probably like my dad."

His dad had already passed away before he even came out of the womb. He has never seen him, and there was not even a single photograph of him at home. Mama Lu had never hinted or told them any information about their father, and Lu Qi was too lazy to ask.

Huo Ming Chen jutted out his chin and came closer to the monitor,

"Did you think about me these past few days?"

Lu Qi dried his hair with a towel as he asked back,

"What do you think?"

Huo Ming Chen flicked him accurately on the forehead on the computer monitor, as if that would appease his anger, and in a bad temper said,

"I see that you will not be bored living the rest of your life by yourself! Would you die if you said something nice to make me happy?"

"You're not an idiot. Can't you hear whether it's good words or truthful words?"

Lu Qi leaned forward a little, his fingertip lightly stroking across the monitor, accurately near Huo Ming Chen's lips. This kind of action made someone weak in the knees, especially hearing his voice lowered and husky,

"I didn't lie to you. You should be happy instead."

Those who he lied to never had a good ending. Hadn't this idiot across from him been lied to enough yet?

Hearing this, Huo Ming Chen stroked across his chin over and over, looking at him from the top to the bottom of the screen. He finally blinked and switched to an entirely different topic,

"I want to kiss you."

Lu Qi beckoned him with his fingers,

"Then you come over, and I'll let you kiss me until you have had enough."

"Just a couple more days. Once everything is sorted out, I'll be able to head back."

Whatever Huo Ming Chen was planning in his heart, it was a secret. Except, perhaps there was something other than Huo Yuan Guang, that old fox, inside his heart. But whatever it was, Lu Qi could not see through it right now.

Huo Ming Chen faintly heard something downstairs, most likely someone just coming back. He rose up from the bed and locked the door to his room. Then he came back and casually said,