Chapter 54: How Much is Your Heart Worth

Chen Miao Ping stumbled and almost tripped over himself from being pulled by Xie Yu Zhi. He quickly steadied himself and then ran straight towards Dian Yun Pagoda with determination. But he was not faster than Xie Yu Zhi who forcefully pulled him back again and then covered his mouth, dragging him all the way back like this to Qian Feng Courtyard. Servants who passed by them pitied Gu-Ye from the bottom of their hearts, feeling quite sorry for him.

When they reached Qian Feng Courtyard, the domain under the control of Xie Yu Zhi, he threw Chen Miao Ping against a chair. He then ordered Ren Dong to close the door, and took a deep breath before laughing coldly at him,

"Go ahead, yell it out. Why aren't you yelling anymore?"

Ah huh, you really think I don't dare to yell it out loud and clear?

Chen Miao Ping started to act out again,

"Father-in-Law! I know who it.....Mmmm!"

Xie Yu Zhi clamped Chen Miao Ping's mouth shut and dropped his head down near his ear, scolding him,

"You fucking bastard, you have no conscience do you? Who did I go up on the roof for?"

Chen Miao Ping blinked his eyes innocently as he couldn't talk with his mouth covered by Xie Yu Zhi's hand. He only silently laid his hand open in front of Xie Yu Zhi, rubbing his thumb against his fingers for the gesture of money. His black eyes were quietly relaying back to him:

Give me back my banknotes.

As long as there is money, everything can be negotiated.

The only thing that can seal my mouth is money.

"......"

Xie Yu Zhi emotionlessly took out that camouflage green pouch from Chen Miao Ping's sleeves and shoved it roughly back against him. He spit out coldly,

"You can live the rest of your life with it."

Chen Miao Ping opened the pouch and inside was exactly seven sheets of 1000 guan bank notes, perfectly stuffed inside. He didn't really think that the money would be stuffed like this. On the inside, he was thankful for Xie Yu Zhi's cleverness and on the outside, he was already snuggling up against Xie Yu Zhi to coax him.

"No no, that can't happen. The rest of my life should be spent with Second Master."

After all, when the money's used up, he'll be left with nothing.

Xie Yu Zhi ignored him and went behind a partition screen to change his outer robe. He had rushed back too quickly, dragging a certain mouthy bastard, and his clothes were all damp from the rain. Seeing him leave, Chen Miao Ping quickly climbed up on the screen, only showing half of his face, staring intensely with his dark eyes. He quickly passed over a clean robe.

Xie Yu Zhi kept ignoring Chen Miao Ping as even one glance from him was enough to make Xie Yu Zhi want to beat him up. He dressed himself in a new robe that had already been brought over to him and walked straight to his desk. There was a "sha" and the long sword hanging on the back wall was taken out and laid carefully on top of his desk. Xie Yu Zhi sat down and used a handkerchief to polish the blade slowly, one stroke at a time.

The blade seemed to be as cold as frosted water, glimmering with a sheen. Waves of a murderous aura seemed to be wafting from it, which could have only meant one thing – it must have seen blood. Xie Yu Zhi was polishing it with a serious aura and his eyes took on an extremely cold look.

Chen Miao Ping thought to himself, please don't behead me in a fit of anger. He sat on the edge of the bed in a contemplating phase and then pulled a banknote sheet to fold into a paper airplane. A whoosh and it flew right into Xie Yu Zhi's embrace.