Chapter 80: Official Statement

The hallway was deathly quiet as Chen Yi took out his keys. When he pushed the door open, he was greeted by darkness. Chen Xiao Meng would normally not be asleep at this time, but it seemed like she was too afraid of him scolding her that she had already locked her bedroom door and was pretending to be asleep.

Chen Yi thought to himself that he should really tell her about the situation before it got revealed through some other means later, and so he knocked on her door,

"Are you asleep?"

Chen Xiao Meng rolled to the other side of the bed under her blankets and didn't utter a sound.

The room was too quiet and Chen Yi could faintly hear a rustling sound occasionally, but he didn't expose her lie. He only said out loud, as if talking to himself,

"Well if you're asleep then, I'll just let you know, I'm in a relationship now."

This sentence was said so calmly, but the result was as if a grenade was thrown into the room, exploding the person inside into pieces and blowing their minds into white static.

Three seconds later, her door slammed open and Chen Xiao Meng's shocked voice rang out right after, almost shattering her voice,

"What did you say? Who's in a relationship?!!"

Evidently she was shocked by that statement; her hair was in disarray and in her haste to open the door, one of her slippers had fallen off, leaving one of her feet bare. Chen Yi didn't say anything and only led her back to sit on her bed. He grabbed the slipper that was thrown off into some forgotten corner in her haste and brought it back to her.

Chen Xiao Meng wanted to stand up, but she was pressed back down by Chen Yi. Still dishevelled and blanking out, she said,

"Brother...... you......"

"I'm not joking. I'm serious."

Chen Yi dragged the swivel chair by the computer over and sat right in front of Chen Xiao Meng, staring at her at eye level. Unlike his usual carefree and flippant attitude, his eyes showed a seriousness behind his statements.

Chen Xiao Meng was flustered, but she suddenly calmed down and unconsciously grasped the edge of her shirt as she asked,

"...... Who is it?"

Chen Yi: "Fu Xiu Nian."

It wasn't anything strange in this world for a man to be in a relationship with another man, and it was not even that the entertainment industry did not see its fair share of people coming out of the closet. But Chen Yi had never disclosed such an orientation, not even so much as hinted that he was this way. So even though Chen Xiao Meng had tried to prepare herself as much as she could mentally, she couldn't help but be shocked to the core.

Fu Xiu Nian......

Chen Xiao Meng knew him. When Chen Yi was filming for << I Came From Far Away >>, Fu Xiu Nian had left an impression on her because he was the nicest to Chen Yi. And then afterwards, the two of them were cast in the same drama, << Minister >> and there were even a few fans stanning the two as CP.

Perhaps it was because she had passed by death's door once before with her car accident, but Chen Xiao Meng was much more mature than any other person of the same age. There was no screaming, yelling, or crying after this news was dropped on her. And it was only after a period of silence did she speak up and ask,

"When did you two get together?"

"When I only had you as my one and only loyal fan in the entertainment industry,"