dream high : 15부

DISCLAIMER: Early announcement. This story includes a lot of songs that I might use in the future chapters. I also might include that the specific song is their piece or own song but always remember that in real life, it's not their song. I just did that because this story is only a fan fiction. Credits to the rightful owner of the songs and choreographies. Have fun!

---

DREAM HIGH
by: @hapigurl_

--- 15부 ---

Yeonjun's P.O.V

Why am I even here? Why am I resting and laying my body here in this fucking school? I already promised to myself that I will never dance again, but why do I feel like this is my last chance? A last chance to change my life?

"Yah."

I opened my eyes, sitting at the bench and glaring at the guy who threw a wet towel on my face. "Tell me if you have a death wish."

"Death wish?" He acted as if he's thinking, "Hm, what if I told you that I want to perform with you on stage?"

I looked away. "Leave me alone." I closed my eyes as I lay down on the ground. I just want to rest here in the garden.

"We don't have much time. How long do you want to practice by yourself? This is a group activity."

I stood up, looking straight into his eyes. "Just fucking leave me alone."

He scoffed, "No. Let's practice as a group—"

He grabbed my hands, but I pushed him hard. He didn't fell on the ground, he just glared at me so I did the same thing. He grabbed my collar, pulling me closer to him.

I smirked at him, "Stop picking on me. You will regret it. Let me go or I will destroy your face."

"Why are you here in this school? Do you even have a dream of becoming an idol? Maybe you don't have a dream that's why you're doing this to us." He asked, glaring and smirking at me. Anger is visible in his eyes. "Am I right?"

I didn't respond. I feel like there's a lump inside my throat that makes me feel like I can't speak at all. Dream? I had a dream, but I didn't know that a dream can destroy someone's life.

"Lim Jimin! Yah! Let go of him, Limji!"

I looked away as I soon I heard Yeji shouting while pushing me and this Lim Jimin guy away from each other. I licked my lower lip as I tried to breathe in and out to calm myself. That hit me hard. I mean, that question.

"What's happening? Why are you grabbing Yeonjun's collar?" Yeji asked to that guy, but this Limji guy didn't answer because he's still glaring at me. "Lim Jimin! Answer me!"

Limji sighed, looking away. "Stop being selfish. Don't destroy other's dream. We want to make our dreams come true that's why we are here. I'm begging, don't take our chances away."

Then he left after saying those words. I can't help, but to stay quiet while thinking about what he just said. This is the second time that someone told me that I'm taking their chances away from them. I can't help, but to think about it. Am I really taking their chances away to become an idol?

"Choi Yeonjun, tell me what's happening," Yeji said, looking at me with her serious look.

"You better ask him. It seems like you are friends with him." I said, closing my eyes while massaging my forehead.

"Yes, he's my friend. This is the first time that I saw him like that, he's a gentle person," she explained and I don't care about it. I'm not even asking her about that Limji.

"So?"

"You're practicing alone, right?" She asked. I don't want to answer her question, but I was startled when she slapped my arms. "Yah! Why would you do that?! This is not an individual performance!"

"Yah! Use your words instead! Why are you hitting me?!" I asked her, almost shouting while rubbing my arms. Damn! It hurts!

"I need you to wake up! You have a dream, right? You want to be a dancer and—"

"Hey," I cut her, looking at her eyes. "You know nothing about me. So stop saying that I have a dream when even I myself can't figure out if I want to pursue it."

She was taken aback. I can see through her eyes that she didn't expect me to say that. I'm just stating the fact. I saw her pursing her lips, looking away as she let out a heavy sigh.

She looked at me. "You want to pursue it."

I frowned. "What? How can you say so?"

"Because you're here! If you don't want to pursue it, then why are you here?" She asked. I was about to say something, but she pointed her fingers at me. "Don't say that you're only here for us to be qualified to join here. I know you want it, too. I can feel it."

"Stop talking as if you know me very well."

"Stop talking as if I didn't saw you dancing in front of the mirror before. I saw everything, Yeonjun. I can feel your frustrations through your dance that day, " she scoffed, rolling her eyes with a tiny smile.

"How can you say that?" I asked again.

"Just because," she said. "Yeonjun, if you really want to pursue your dream, then try to let go of your past. I'm aware that it's hard, but that's the only way to overcome your fears."

I can't help, but to stare at her. I don't know what's wrong with her today. I can't believe she's giving me an advice instead of making trouble or war.

"You're scaring me," I said, still looking at her.

"What?!" She shouted.

"Why are you being like this? Are you sick?" I asked again, placing my hand on her forehead. She's about to slap my hands on her forehead, but I immediately remove it, making her slap her own forehead.

"Ouch!" Yeji closed her eyes, wincing in pain.

"I'm going now." I said, starting to walk away from her with a smile. I guess, she's funny and cute. Yeah, she's cute.

"Go practice with Jimin and your group! Trust me! He's nice and understanding guy!"

"I'm not even asking about him." I whispered to myself, rolling my eyes while walking to the practice room.

I can hear them singing along with the song so I tried to peek inside the practice room and I saw Limji, trying to monitor them through the mirror. I can see his desire to win and I wish also have that desire now.

"Hyung!" Heeseung called me.

I tried to put a smile, but it's awkward. I can see Lim Jimin looking at me and I'm still guilty about what happened earlier. It's not like I don't want to practice and work with them, I just don't want to be a burden because of my past bad experience.

"Are you going to practice with us? For real?" Heeseung asked, hoping.

"I will work hard." I said, looking away.

Someone gave me a pat on my back. I looked at that someone and I saw Lim Jimin, smiling at me. "Let's work hard for our dreams."

"Never give up!" Beomgyu cheered.

------

📍: Hello! I know sorry is not enough for all the absences. I got busy with my college life, but I miss updating here! I'm still sorry for not updating here. I will try to write again. Thank you for waiting!