seventeen

SAM, STEVE, ROBIN, DUSTIN AND ERICA TURNED AT THE SOUND OF THE DOORS SHUTTING

The group had managed to get Erica Sinclair to crawl her way through the vents to find out what the Russians were guarding in the delivery bays. There was a company with a silver fox logo that Sam and Robin immediately pointed out was part of the code.

"Anybody see anything unusual?" Dustin frowned.

"Nothing so far"

The group suddenly got hoisted into the air when the room started moving. The walls around them moving at such a fast pace Sam started feeling nauseous.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin screeched.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve yelled as he tried to grab onto Sam.

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Dustin yelled back at him as he gripped onto Sam's jacket.

"Why don't these buttons work?" Steve complained.

"Press the button!" Erica scolded.

"What do you think I'm doing?!" He retorted.

"Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Dustin sighed.

The group fell to a sudden crash and equipment around them tumbled on top. There were collective groans and Sam was sure she'd formed around 50 bruises in that split second.

"My groin" Steve whimpered, "it fell on my groin"

"Is everyone ok?" Robin clarified.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yelled as he went back to the buttons and started jabbing all of them.

"I think we've established that none of these buttons work"

"They're buttons. They have to do something" Steve and the young Henderson bickered.

"Yeah, if we had a keycard" Sam chimed in, walking over.

"What?"

"It's an electronic lock" Sam nodded, "if we don't have a keycard, it won't operate meaning-"

"We're stuck in here" Robin panicked.

"Yeah" Sam sighed, sitting down.

Erica scoffed as she walked in front of the three elder kids, "just so you're aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for uncle jacks party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down and slit your throat. One by one"

"I don't care about Tina!" Steve yelled, standing up as he began panic pacing, "or uncle jacks party!"

Dustin slumped down beside Sam and watched his meltdown unfold.

"Your moms not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in some Russian elevator!" He screeched at the small girl.

"Hey" Dustin perked up, looking above him, "what if we climbed out?"

Steve and Dustin climbed out of the top and saw that we were well over climbing range. The voices of the two boys bickering about climbing amongst themselves echoed throughout the whole elevator.

The group had been sat for what felt like hours. Dustin was pacing the top of the elevator trying to 'code red' the group via his radio while Robin sat picking her nails, Erica was rummaging through the boxes and Steve was sat with his shoulder on Sam.

"We are innocent children, and we are trapped under starcourt mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us" Dustin stated through his radio, receiving nothing but static back.

"Hey!" Sam lectured, "you gotta take it easy on that thing, you'll drain the battery"

"The mall just opened" Dustin stated.

"So?"

"So someone could be in range"

"What do you think, Petey the mall cop is just gonna repel down here and save the day?" Steve scoffed.

"What are you such a cranky pants?" Dustin tutted as he climbed down and sat next to Robin.

Erica gasped as she pulled a tube out of a box filled with green liquid, "woah" she whispered in amusement.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Be careful with that! We don't even know that that is" Steve panicked.

"Exactly. It could be useful" Erica shrugged as she walked over to Sam with it.

"Useful how?" Robin frowned.

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die" Erica held the tube in her hand as she leant on one hip.

"I hate to break it to you, but this is not water" Robin snorted.

"No, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking this shit or dying of thirst. I drink"

The groups bickering was quickly cut off by the sound of electric whirring outside. Steve pushed Sam and Dustin away from the door. "We got company"