eleven

THE ROOM WAS FILLED WITH AN ANXIOUS ATMOSPHERE

THE ROOM WAS FILLED WITH AN ANXIOUS ATMOSPHERE. NOBODY WAS TRULY SURE WHAT WAS GOING ON.

Joyce walks in and El turns to her, "Can I see him?"

"He's not well" Joyce sighs.

"I know" El nods.

"Do you-do you think you can close the gate? If we took you back? If you could...close it again?" Joyce almost begs.

"Yes"

•••

"Alright shitheads, don't leave my eyesight. You're in our care now, okay?" Steve warns as Hopper leaves the house.

Joyce, Jonathan And Nancy had gone to Hoppers house in attempts to get the creature out of Will. Hopper had taken El to the lab in hopes of her being able to close the gate. While Steve and Sam were stuck on babysitting duty.

"You gonna help me with this thing?" Dustin pants as he tries to lift the demodog up in a blanket.

"What are you doing?" Sam frowns as she watches him struggle.

"This is a groundbreaking, scientific discovery. What did you think we were gonna do, bury it like some common mammal?" Dustin scoffs.

"You're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, alright?" Steve sighs as he helps Dustin put it in the freezer.

Sam rolls her eyes at the immature men and sits down with Lucas, Max and Mike.

"Mike, would you just calm down?" Lucas sighs.

"You weren't in there, okay! That place is swarming with dogs. She needs protection" Mike panics as he throws his head back.

"Mike, you and I both know that El is the last person that needs protection" Sam reassures as she ruffles his hair.

"But, what if we can distract them?" Dustin perks up as he walks over, "These demodogs. They have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away"

"Maybe, if we can draw them from the lab-"

"Clear a path to the gate-"

"Yeah, and then we all die" Steve scowls.

"That's one way to look at it" Lucas chuckles.

"It's not a way to look at it, it's a fact!" He groans.

"This is where chief dug his hole, right? So this is our way into the tunnel" Lucas states as he points at the drawings on the wall.

"Maybe, if we set this on fire, the Mind Flayer will call away his army" Dustin finishes for him.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! This is not happening!" Steve scowls.

"But-"

"No, no, no, no, no buts" he warns, "We promised to keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I intend on doing. So, we are going to sit here until we get the all clear, got it?"