twenty

SAM WEPT AS SHE TRIED TO OPEN HER EYES, SHE COULD FEEL HER RIGHT EYE WAS MUCH LARGER THAN THE LEFT

The blood, sweat and tears all mixed together and she could feel it dripping into the numerous cuts on her face. She spat out a mixture of bloody phlegm on the floor after another punch was received to her cheek. No wonder her eye was swollen.

"I'll ask again" the Russian stated, "who do you work for?"

Sam let out a groan before yelping once more, "I've told you!" She sobbed, "I'm not a spy! I'm a stupid kid who babysits"

The Russian growled in anger as he kicked her shin. Sam howled as she leant forwards in pain. If only she was restrained by her ankles and wrists she would've attempted to break free.

"Please" Sam begged as tears streamed, "please stop hurting me"

"How did you get in?" He questioned.

"I was with my friends" Sam gasped for air, "their delivery didn't come in and they thought it was at the loading dock. And the-the room turned into an elevator" Sam panted.

The guard stood still and watched Sam, whom was alone unlike Steve and Robin who were put in a separate room.

"Please, I'll do anything" Sam begged, "just stop hurting me and my friends"

"You talk too much" the Russian growled as he grabbed a syringe that was laying on a metal trolley, injecting the liquid into her neck.
•••

"Scoops Ahoy!" Steve yelled, "we work at Scoops Ahoy! Where did you take my girlfriend?!" He screamed at the guard.

"Your pretty little girlfriend" the Russian taunted, "is receiving the same treatment as you weasels until you tell us who you work for!" He yelled.

Steve felt rage fill his body at the thought of his favourite girl being hurt. He struggled to get free of his reigns but the soldiers simply laughed at him.

The soldiers left Steve and Robin, whom were tied up back-to-back. Robin exhaled and coughed a little, spitting out blood from her mouth.

"Jesus, Steve" she sighed, "how the hell did we end up here"

"Sam" Steve started blubbering, "they're hurting her, Robin" he whimpered.

"She's strong, Steve" Robin reassured, "she's a hell of a lot stronger than us two"

"I can't believe we're gonna die down here"

Robin half attempted to turn towards Steve, "we're not gonna die down here, Steve" Robin reassured.

A comfortable silence fell between the pair. All Steve could feel was his face pulsating with pain.

"Do you remember Mrs Clicks sophomore history class?" Robin quizzed.

"What?"

"Mrs Clickity-Clackiting" Robin giggled to herself, "that's what us band dweebs called her"

Steve sighed, gathering what Robin was about to say.

"Robin I-"

"No it's okay" Robin nodded softly, "I sat behind you, for two days a week for a year. Mister funny. Mister cool" robing giggled, reminiscing, "the king of Hawkins high himself. Do you even remember me from that class?"

Steve fell silent, guilt starting to swallow him. "Of course you don't. You were a real asshole, you know that?"

"Yeah I know"

"But it didn't matter. It didn't matter that you were an ass. Because I was still completely obsessed with you" she scoffed, "...because I-I couldn't fathom why Samantha was so obsessed with you. You guys were best friends before anything and you just couldn't see how in love with you she was" Robin chuckled, "I just couldn't understand...how she was so sweet, and kind and pretty and she loved you. Steve 'the hair' Harrington. You never noticed me, but Sam did. Even though all you popular guys were such douchebags, she wasn't. She was everything. She was funny, she was stunning and she noticed me. I would sit behind you and just wait to see her. I couldn't believe when she came into Scoops the other day and kissed you"

Steve hesitated for a while, "yeah" he sighed, "I'm just as surprised as you are, Robin. But don't get any ideas, she's mine, alright?" He joked sarcastically, earning a slight chuckle from Robin.

The two were cut out of conversation by the door being opened. The Russians were holding an unconscious Samantha.

"Sam!" Steve gasped, "what did you do to her?! What did you do?!" He yelled.

"Shut it, pretty boy" the Russian mocked.

He threw Sam to the ground, still tied up. She landed with a thud and would definitely have a sore head when she gained consciousness.

"Asshole! You're a real piece of shit you know that?!" Robin spat at him.

"Now, time to tell the truth" the Russian smirked as he pulled a needle off the tray.

"Woah! Hey! What're you doing with that?!" Steve panicked.

The russian didn't hesitate to stab the needle into Steve's neck. He did the same to Robin but fortunately they left Sam untouched on the floor.